Finance for Non-Financial Managers
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Bentley University.Full disclaimer.
A Unique Financial Development Experience for Managers
In the fast-changing environment of business, an understanding of key financial principles and the ‘language’ of finance is essential to insure profitable growth and ‘best-practice’ management. At Bentley University, we are nationally known for excellence in financial education, focusing on the applied business skills that will translate back into your world.
This newly designed two-day program will provide the knowledge you need in a way that is unique and active with applicable tools and techniques for use in both your business and personal life. In this program you will:
- Explore the ways in which finance matters and the impacts that global and economic trends may have on your business.
- Gain an understanding of income statements, balance sheets and cash flow and learn how they connect and provide information to evaluate your company and industry against competitors
- Learn the basic skills involved with managerial accounting – budgeting, cash cycle, sources of capital and planning techniques
- Understand the time value of money in a way that will make this concept clear for corporate as well as personal application.
- Evaluate investments using Net Present Value (NPV) and Internal Rate of Return (IRR)
- Spend time in our Financial Trading Room working on an engaging simulation to put all of this to use.
Learn the Laungage of Accounting & Finance
- Understand the use of Accruals,
- Learn how costs are categorized & allocated throughout an organization
Understand & Analyze Financial Statements
- Understand how to read Income Statements, Balance Sheets & Statements of Cash Flows
- Gain perspective on how to use these statements to assess firm profitabiltiy, efficiecy, solvency & market value
Sources of Captial
- Explore the different methods of infusing capital into an organization: common stock, preffered stock & debt
Cost Center Budgeting Tactics:
- Learn a variety of approaches to developing cost center/department/corporate budgets and determine which methodology is appropriate in your professional role.
Time Value of Money
- Gain understanding of the “Time Value of Money” concept through lecture and completion of hands-on exercises.
Capital Budgeting Process
- Defining the process by which companies analyze and decide on long term invesments
- Gain an appreciation for how companies create value for their shareholders.
- Learn how political/ economic factors impact the financial markets, and firm value
- Apply financial market understanding through trading simulation exercises in our state o the art Trading room
Who should attend
This program is designed for management professionals from business disciplines including but not limited to IT, Sales, Project Managment, Operations, Marketing, Human Resources. It is perfect for those desiring enhanced career opportunities, rising high potential professionals, managers now charged with profit and loss responsibilities for their unit, and all who wish to understand the important topics related to finance and investments.