Finance for Non-Finance Professionals Part 1
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Luxembourg School of Business.Full disclaimer.
“What’s the ROI on that software your department wants to buy?“; “Why are your sales reps sacrificing gross margin for revenue? “; “The CFO noticed that profits are high but cash flow is very low“. When you hear this, even after years of experience, you still feel lost because you have no formal training in finance. Finance for Non-Finance Professionals is a program that will teach you what you need to know to participate in this discussion. Finally, for a more effective learning experience, we combine a full week of face-to-face classes followed by three weeks of optional personalized mentoring.
Understanding financial statement
- Learn how to interpret financial statements and diagnose potential problems.
- Understand how income statement and balance sheet are created and what they do (and don’t) tell about the company’s business.
Managing Budgets and Costs
- Learn how budgets are created, managed and used to effectively control costs and increase value.
- Explore the techniques and procedure companies use to forecast and control costs, their impact on corporate strategy, financial fundamentals, organizational structures and the people within them.
Making investment decisions
- Understand how investment decisions are made and measured.
- How are these investments assessed, analyzed and how will they impact your business’ financial position – that is up to you as a manager to determine.
Who should attend
- Any professional who wishes to gain the skills necessary to understand how businesses operate and how financial information is presented, analyzed and interpreted.
- Any professional with budget responsibility or who wishes to understand how budgets and costs can be effectively controlled.
- This course is suitable for managers, directors, lawyers, and professionals of all levels, across any industry, who are expected to make business decisions with a direct financial impact to their business’ bottom line.
- In the previous editions of our Finance for Non-Finance for Professionals, we welcomed participants from companies such as Cargolux, Encevos, Six Payment Services, SWN, Edison Capital Partners, etc.
- The participants were from a variety of position such as Head of IT, Sales Manager, Director of Fleet Planning, Marketing Director, Project Management Office Director, etc.