Who should attend
- Any professional who wishes to gain the skills necessary to understand how businesses operate and how financial information is presented, analyzed and interpreted.
- Any professional with budget responsibility or who wishes to understand how budgets and costs can be effectively controlled.
- This course is suitable for managers, directors, lawyers, and professionals of all levels, across any industry, who are expected to make business decisions with a direct financial impact to their business’ bottom line.
- In the previous editions of our Finance for Non-Finance for Professionals, we welcomed participants from companies such as Cargolux, Encevos, Luxair, Vodafone, Fanuc, Six Payment Services, SWN, Edison Capital Partners, etc.
- The participants were from a variety of position such as Head of IT, Sales Manager, Director of Fleet Planning, Marketing Director, Project Management Office Director, etc.
About the course
You work in one of the following departments (IT, Marketing, Sales…) with a decade of work experience. You have finally climbed the ladder to become a manager – one of the decision-makers. At your first meeting with the other directors and executives, the quarterly earnings report is being discussed, and despite your years of expertise you feel lost; you have no formal training in finance. It is a fact that financial decision-making impacts every aspect of a business. Finance for Non-Finance professionals is a 5-days program that will teach you how to create a budget, manage costs, and use financial information to make decisions.
Understanding financial statement
- Learn how to interpret financial statements and diagnose potential problems.
- Understand how income statement and balance sheet are created and what they do (and don’t) tell about the company’s business.
Managing Budgets and Costs
- Learn how budgets are created, managed and used to effectively control costs and increase value.
- Explore the techniques and procedure companies use to forecast and control costs, their impact on corporate strategy, financial fundamentals, organizational structures and the people within them.
Making investment decisions
- Understand how investment decisions are made and measured.
- How are these investments assessed, analyzed and how will they impact your business’ financial position – that is up to you as a manager to determine.
Dr. Andrej Grubisic is a Professor of Finance at the Luxembourg School of Business, teaching in the MBA program and in a variety of executive education programs. Dr. Grubisic started his career in 2002 in the USA as a finance analyst in Sodexho Inc. In 2003 he joined Croatian Telecom as an assist...
Videos and materials
Read more about General Management Programs
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.