About the course
A practical two-day training programme designed and delivered by Adam Fidler Academy, the UK’s leading provider of training and education to business support professionals
This course is designed specifically for PAs, EAs and Administrators who need a general understanding of finance. The programme enables administrative staff to support their management team by understanding the needs for financial control and keep in control of spending by learning the importance of budgets. A key learning outcome is also the ability to use financial statements and documents as a source of information by understanding basic financial concepts and jargon.
At the end of this course, delegates will be able to:
- Understand the stages of a business cycle and know the ways in which a business raises capital.
- Understand how to use financial statements – balance sheet, income statement, cash flow statement, profit and loss etc.
- Be able to explain the characteristics of a balance sheet and profit and loss account.
- Know how to interpret a balance sheet and profit and loss account – to measure a business’ performance.
- Be able to produce a budget cash flow for your department or business unit.
- Know how to calculate profit margins, and work with VAT.
- Know how budgets are used to plan and control a business, including the use of budgetary control.
- Know the factors to be considered when compiling budgets.
- Feel more confident when working with, interpreting or producing financial information or data – for instance in Board Packs, meeting reports or departmental business plans.
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.