Finance and Accounting Certificate
The Finance and Accounting Certificate provides the foundation for understanding the individual elements that comprise financial statements, key performance indicators, financial reporting, and how financial data and reporting impacts management decisions and strategy. Designed for non-financial managers or those seeking to refresh their skills, this course is a 4 day intensive program equipping you to speak intelligently in the language of finance and accounting so you can confidently and competently take your seat at the leadership table.
- Learn the critical concepts, terms and components of finance and accounting
- Understand each of the three major financial statements and the interrelatedness of these statements
- Develop ability to identify what metric companies are being measured on and its meaning
- Learn how to assess the financial standing of your business unit or organization
- Learn various financial strategies related to specific business models and how to benchmark performance
- Develop ability to determine cost of capital and equity
- Understand evaluation of capital investment options and capital investment decisions
- Understand stockholder equity, including the effects of stock options and repurchases
- Recognize financial manipulation
- Make informed business decisions and gain more leadership credibility
Who should attend
Participants come from a variety of industries and levels of experience, and the program is best suited towards those who are new to financial concepts and techniques, as well as any professional who wishes to update his or her knowledge of basic finance and accounting. It is particularly applicable to individuals whose backgrounds are in functional areas such as marketing, sales, manufacturing, HR, and engineering.