Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
Non-financial managers at all levels
About the course
The Finance and Accounting program provides the foundation for understanding the individual elements that comprise financial statements, key performance indicators, financial reporting, and how financial data and reporting impacts management decisions and strategy. Designed for non-financial managers or those seeking to refresh their skills, this course is a 4 day intensive program equipping you to speak intelligently in the language of finance and accounting so you can confidently and competently take your seat at the leadership table.
- Learn the critical concepts, terms and components of finance and accounting
- Understand each of the three major financial statements and the interrelatedness of these statements
- Develop ability to identify what metric companies are being measured on and its meaning
- Learn how to assess the financial standing of your business unit or organization
- Learn various financial strategies related to specific business models and how to benchmark performance
- Develop ability to determine cost of capital and equity
- Understand evaluation of capital investment options and capital investment decisions
- Understand stockholder equity, including the effects of stock options and repurchases
- Recognize financial manipulation
- Make informed business decisions and gain more leadership credibility
Brian Rountree is a tenured Associate Professor of Accounting at the Jesse H. Jones Graduate School of Business, Rice University. He earned his PhD in accounting from the University of North Carolina in 2003. He also holds a bachelors degree (summa cum laude) in accounting from Babson College and...
Alex Butler is a professor of finance at Rice University. His research is in empirical corporate finance, financial institutions, and financial markets, and focuses on external financing decisions of firms, governments, and individuals. His research has been published in all the top finance jou...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.