Who should attend
This course is intended for anyone interested in keeping their grants management knowledge current, including staff from Federal awarding agencies; state, local, and tribal governments; nonprofit organizations; community colleges and universities; and audit organizations.
About the course
Numerous recent laws and government directives are impacting Federal grants management. Significant proposed updates to the Uniform Guidance (2 CFR 200 and other Parts) will affect grants management. Other changes range from the shifting of certifications to SAM.gov to new grants data elements. This one-day overview of the current grants environment will help build your understanding and ability to deal with what is on the horizon in the grants realm.
- Identify elements of the proposed 2 CFR revisions that will impact your organization
- Analyze ongoing legislative and executive initiatives to determine their impact on the grants environment, including impact of the CARES Act on grant policy
- Discuss recent government initiatives in data management and reporting and determine how you will apply them to your organization
Proposed Changes to 2 CFR Subtitle A, OMB Guidance for Grants and Agreements
- Proposed Changes to 2 CFR Parts 25, 170, 183
- Proposed Changes to 2 CFR 200, Subparts A and B
- Proposed Changes to 2 CFR 200, Subpart C
- Proposed Changes to 2 CFR 200, Subpart D
- Proposed Changes to 2 CFR 200, Subparts E and F
New Legislative and Executive Action Affecting Grants
- New and Recent Legislation Impacting Grants
- Executive Action Forecasts Change
- Presidential Memoranda
- Other Recent Developments Affecting Federal Grants
Focus on Data in the Grants Environment
- Recent Developments in Federal Data Management
- The Growing Importance of Analytics
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.