Georgia Tech Professional Education
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.
Who should attend
This course is designed for contracting officers, contract specialists, program and project managers, small business specialists, individuals who want to enter the federal acquisition workforce, and industry contracting personnel. This course is a requirement for The Federal Acquisition Certification in Contracting (FAC-C) certification.
About the course
This 10-day course provides foundational knowledge of the Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) system. Consisting of a limited lecture, research-intensive, and exercised-based curriculum, you’ll be immersed in all 53 Parts of the FAR, including application of the rules needed to make appropriate contracting decisions. In addition you’ll have the opportunity to analyze and act on contracting business based on research in the FAR and its supplements. You should be prepared to dedicate time each evening for homework.
What You Will Learn
- How to locate, cite, interpret, and apply the policies and procedures in the FAR
- The importance of market research in the acquisition planning process
- Policies and procedures for publicizing contract actions
- Effects of socioeconomic programs on contract actions
- Essential elements of a contract and the different types of contractual authority
- Bid and proposal evaluation requirements
- Contract administration and management, including closeout
How You Will Benefit
- Research acquisition laws, rules, and procedures for specific government agencies.
- Understand acquisition planning, market research, and the criteria for selecting contract methods and types.
- Distinguish among the different types of competition and determine the appropriate use of socioeconomic programs.
- Apply the rules and procedures for addressing protests, claims, and disputes.
- Differentiate the requirements for terminating a contract and the use of termination clauses.
- Employ proper contract closeout methodology.
CONTRACTING OVERVIEW OF THE FAR
- Federal Acquisition Environment
- Organization and arrangement of the FAR
- Application of the FAR and agency FAR supplements
CONTRACTING PLANNING IN THE FAR
- Acquisition planning process
- Contracting methods and types of contracts
- Importance of market research
- Publicizing contract actions
CONTRACT FORMATION IN THE FAR
- Contract formation principles
- Solicitation of offers
- Bid and proposal evaluation
- Simplified acquisition procedures
CONTRACT ADMINISTRATION IN THE FAR
- Contract administration basics
- Contract performance management
- Contract modifications
- Contract terminations and closeouts
Alexis Kirksey is the Program Manager for The Contracting Education Academy at Georgia Tech, operating within the Georgia Institute of Technology’s Enterprise Innovation Institute. Her expertise includes providing consultation to government and industry in all aspects of government contracting, i...
Some reviews for this course are not publicly available