Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
About the course
Through practical examples and annotated Excel guides, the lectures will discuss theories, approaches and applications of financial modeling. The participants will have the opportunity to construct a model of their own to apply the lessons learned in the lectures. Personal one-on-one assistance will be available to answer questions and give guidance. This intensive workshop will benefit any professional who will be required to create financial projections, especially for participants interested in:
- Working in the financial services industry (investment banking, consulting, research, asset management, private equity, brokerage, sales & trading, insurance, etc.)
- Working in the corporate/strategic development or finance group of a corporation
- Enhancing a past learning experience in finance and financial statement analysis
- Working in marketing, brand management or operations for a corporation and being responsible for a product or divisional budget, projections and profit/loss statement
Financial Modeling & Advanced Sensitivity Analysis
Overview and introduction to financial modeling Excel best practices and efficiencies
Construction and Application of:
- Core statements
- Working capital schedule
- Depreciation schedule
- Amortization schedule
- Other long-term items schedule
- Equity schedule
- Shares outstanding schedule
- Debt and interest schedule Troubleshooting the Model:
- Understanding and controlling for circular references Balancing the model
- Making the model “deal ready” Utilizing the Finished Product:
- Data tables
Advanced Sensitivity Analysis:
- Adding scenarios to the model
- Creating a toggle for cases and naming cells
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.