Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Rotman School of Management.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Learn the key frameworks for successful wealth management, including how to avoid common mistakes. This program is designed for family members who would like to successfully preserve, grow and transition family wealth.
Effectively managing family wealth is a critical to ensure the long-term financial success of wealthy families. Designed for family members who would like to successfully preserve, grow and transition family wealth, Rotman’s Family Wealth Management program provides the practical insights and knowledge that families like yours need.
Over three and a half days, our expert faculty will help each family member become an excellent leader and/or contributor to the wealth management process. Learn the key building blocks and frameworks for successful wealth management, how to create and integrated wealth management strategy that considers your family’s complete financial picture, and how to avoid common catastrophic mistakes.
- Goals based wealth management
- Investment planning and strategic development
- Asset allocation
- Portfolio management
- Security selection
- Types of family capital
- Tax and estate planning
- Insurance, wills and trusts
- Integrated financial management
- Family governance and communication
- Risk identification and management
- Selection of investment firms and advisors
- Strategies for the preservation and inter generational transfer of wealth
- Develop a comprehensive wealth management strategy that considers family goals, objectives, values and family circumstances
- Identify the pitfalls and common mistakes to avoid
- Select an investment strategy that is realistic, prudent, tax-efficient and actionable given the time and resources you have to commit
- Learn how to integrate the family business or concentrated family asset into a wealth management strategy
- Identify the key roles, responsibilities, and opportunities for family members in understanding, supervising, and managing the family assets
- Better understand how to effectively manage the personal and social benefits and risks of family wealth
Who should attend
This program is ideal for those:
- striving to maintain prosperity and a flourishing family through retirement and, for many, across generations.
- contemplating-or recently experiencing-a significant liquidity event, whether through the sale of a company, inheritance, or other major wealth transition.
- committed to engaging their families in more productive dialogue about the challenges and opportunities of wealth.
- seeking added confidence to evaluate and select financial advisors and/or to set strategic direction for a family office.
- We have found that multiple members of the same family derive considerable benefit from taking the course together. The program gives them a foundation for continued productive dialogue well into the future.
Trust the experts
Bio Eric Kirzner holds the John H. Watson Chair in Value Investing and teaches investment finance. Equitable Trust Director and Audit Committee Chair, Investment Industry Regulation Organization of Canada (IIROC) Director and Healthcare of Ontario Pension Plan’s lead external advisor, Eric desig...
Bio TOM MCCULLOUGH is an adjunct professor of finance at Rotman and teaches private wealth management. He is also Chairman and CEO of Northwood Family Office LP, a multi-family office which serves the comprehensive needs of families of significant net worth. He has spent over 30 years in the wea...
Bio Michael J Lagopoulos is the recently retired Deputy Chairman of RBC Wealth Management, where he is responsible for the coordination and servicing of leading Ultra High Net Wealth families and institutional clients around the world. He is also responsible for the Corporate Governance of the m...
Rotman’s Family Wealth Management Program