Family Governance LATAM
Succession and wealth transfer issues, mismanagement, and conflict: they can all become commonplace as family-owned companies grow through multiple generations. How can these risks be mitigated? Family governance — policies and procedures that guide business practices and help families govern themselves — is the best way to ensure that the family-owned business, family resources, and family harmony are sustained over time.
Family Governance LATAM, developed by Wharton in collaboration with the Family Business and Office School (a pioneer in providing educational forums to high-net-worth families and wealth advisors in Latin America), will help participants learn how appropriate governance and communication strategies can be used to mitigate many critical issues.
Program Highlights & Benefits
In Family Governance LATAM, you will learn how to:
- Balance financial prosperity with family harmony
- Finance growth in a family business without losing control
- Manage transition of business ownership and wealth between generations
Experience & Impact
Family Governance LATAM will help family members and financial advisors understand how to craft a governance system that helps wealthy families to meet their investment goals for business growth, asset and wealth management, and family harmony.
Using pioneering Wharton research, faculty experts will provide participants with the knowledge they need to sustain the legacy, heritage, and success of the family and its business for many generations. Participants will understand how to develop governance systems that enable better family decision-making, communication, and succession planning, and come away equipped with tools to help each generation of the family to become wealth creators.
The effectiveness of the program is enhanced through participation in Private Wealth Management LATAM, which explores the latest research, trends, and best practices pertaining to family investment while also providing technical expertise in key investment and financial performance tools, and communication skills to enhance power and influence.
Session topics include:
- Family Enterprise Governance: Balancing Financial Prosperity and Family Harmony
- The Art and Science of Asset Management: The Total Family Balance Sheet
- Understanding Communication Styles
- Communication Styles and Succession: A Case Study
- Managing Transitions: Succession in Ownership, Management, and Control
- Investments, Risk Management, and Family Governance
- Keeping It in the Family: Financing Growth without Losing Control
Who should attend
Family Governance LATAM is for high-net-worth families, next-generation heirs, family advisors, and managers of family offices for high-net-worth individuals/families based in Miami and LATAM. Job titles and roles may include:
- Board Members
- Family Governance Consultants and Advisors
- Wealth Planning Advisors
- Wealth Advisors
- Financial Planners
- Senior HR Executives