Family Business Program: Entrepreneurial Mindset for Future Leaders
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with IE Business School.Full disclaimer.
Co-created by Aalto University Executive Education and IE Business School, this program brings together family business professionals to gain insights into what the future will demand from a family venture. Through a blended format with residential periods in Madrid and Helsinki, the program will equip the participants with tools and strategies to enable them to continue building on the legacy and successfully pass the baton to future generations.
The program offers a unique opportunity for participants to combine the program with participation in the world’s leading start-up event SLUSH and South Summit.
BENEFITS OF THE PROGRAM
Get the tools and strategies to explore new business opportunities and adopt a mindset of innovation agility. With focus on empowering new ideas and new ventures while always keeping in mind the core of family business strategy:
- Find solutions to family business specific challenges
- Develop innovation leadership
- Build upon your heritage and brand and create new value
- New processes and practices for family business strategy
- Gain insights on how to become a social entrepreneur
As a participant, you will be working in diverse groups throughout the program on a Family Business Roadmap supported by our Academic Directors.
- Families in Business Mindset: Understanding the complex dynamics of families
- Main Challenges in Family Businesses: The Governance Challenge, The Generational Transition Challenge, and The Growth Challenge
- Entrepreneurship for Families in Business
- Creativity and ideation in family business
- Learning from startups: Adopting mindset, tools, and practices for Nextgen
- Entrepreneurial tools and practices for new opportunities
- Repeatable and scalable business models
- The Digital Challenge
FAMILIES IN BUSINESS ROAD MAP
Work in diverse teams to explore a business opportunity and reflect on the challenges of pursuing this opportunity in the context of your family business.
Mid program each work group will have two online sessions in which they will develop their Families in Business Road Map project.
- Family Business Strategy
- Orchestration, Participation and Communication
- Heritage in New Ventures
- Innovation culture through effective communication
- Entrepreneurial Leadership in Family Business
- Lean startup practices
An industry visit to a local family business in both Madrid and Helsinki.
Who should attend
This program is for family business owners, board members, non-executive directors, next generation leaders and top management of family businesses across all sectors. It is recommended that participating organizations are represented by both management and ownership in this program.