Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
- Facility management practitioners looking to increase their depth-of-knowledge in the foundational FM topics deemed critical by employers.
- Individuals who are transitioning into the FM profession.
- Related-industry practitioners such as architects, designers and safety engineers.
- Facility-related product and service providers.
- Students entering the profession from colleges, universities, certificate or technical programs.
- LEED professionals seeking continuing education hours.
- Federal employees and contractors looking to comply with the Federal Buildings Personnel Training Act (FBPTA).
About the course
Villanova University's College of Professional Studies offers a Facilities Management Course, ideal for facility managers in any industry. Professionals have the opportunity to earn industry recognized designation upon completion of the course: IFMA’s Facility Management Professional® (FMP®) — the must-have credential for facility management (FM) professionals and industry suppliers looking to increase their depth-of-knowledge in the core FM topics deemed critical by employers. Students are encouraged to check any benefit restrictions from corporations, agencies and/or organizations from which they are receiving tuition assistance.
Value of the FMP® Credential
- Gain a competitive advantage and improve your job performance through education and recognition.
- Build practical skills you can apply to your job immediately, resulting in cost-savings and added value to your organization.
- Earn professional credibility and recognition from current and potential employers, clients, work teams and peers.
- Earn LEED Maintenance CE credits: LEED Professionals can earn 60 general continuing education hours upon completion of the full FMP program or 15 hours per individual course.
- Earn IFMA-issued CEUs.
Operations and Maintenance
- Introduction to Operations and Maintenance
- Assess Facility Needs
- Manage/Oversee Operations and Maintenance of Building, Systems and Equipment
- Manage/Oversee Occupant Services
- Select the Best Resources
- Measure and Optimize Operations and Maintenance Performance
- Introduction to Project Management
- Define Projects
- Plan Projects
- Manage and Oversee Projects
- Close Projects
Finance and Business
- Finance and Business in the Facility Organization
- Financial Management of the Facility Organization
- Procurement in the Facility Organization
- Contracts in the Facility Organization
Leadership and Strategy
- Plan Strategically
- Lead and Manage the Facility Organization
- Provide Leadership to the Entire Organization
Not only will you enhance your FM knowledge and skills, and qualify for the FMP credential (upon successful completion of the four online final assessments), course materials are provided and will serve as an ongoing reference for facility management practices. The course investment includes all course materials and FMP final assessments, but does not cover the FMP application fee.
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.