Who should attend
The program is designed for outstanding individuals who demonstrate a keen interest in self-development and possess a strong desire to assume positions of higher responsibility. Participants should have:
- Attained, or be about to attain, a position as general manager or functional division head, involved with general management issues.
- Demonstrated significant managerial achievement and potential for further development.
- Endorsement from senior management within their organization to attend the program.
- EY reserves the right to approve applications after taking into consideration the criteria above and the need to balance participation from all sectors of the economy.
- Enrollment is limited to 54 participants.
About the course
Led in partnership with EY, the EY Darden Programme is hosted in New Zealand. Executives learn new techniques, concepts and theories that will help them manage their current role more effectively, while the total experience prepares them for broader
Led in partnership with EY in New Zealand, this program challenges you to push your limits in leadership and management. It will equip you to perform more effectively in your current role, and broaden your perspective to prepare for future challenges by shifting your thinking and approaches to work and life issues.
Learn alongside a peer group collectively solving real-life business issues. Small group work is reinforced by individual readings and dynamic classroom sessions in a campus environment. Participants learn new techniques, concepts and theories that will help them manage their current role more effectively, while the total experience prepares the executive for broader responsibilities in the future. Networking and learning alongside some of New Zealand's emerging and current leaders is then sustained by joining an active lifelong alumni group of top executives.
The program comprises four major topics:
Strategy, Leadership, Change
- Strategic thinking
- Building competitive advantage
- Industry analysis
- Forecasting environmental trends
- Strategy identification and evaluation
- Creating and sustaining the high performance organization
- Building strategic capabilities
- Service excellence
- Supplier relationships
- Leading strategic change
- Principle-centered leadership
- Strategic implementation
Global Political Economy
- International and New Zealand trends
- Global economy
- National and industry competitive advantage
- International competitiveness
- Global strategy and leadership
- Corporate culture as a source of competitive advantage
- Global competition and strategic intent
- Entrepreneurial thinking and mind-set
- What makes entrepreneurs entrepreneurial?
- Entrepreneurship and firm growth
- Entrepreneurship and regional development
- Leading entrepreneurially
- Entrepreneurship and change
Participants will also particularly benefit from:
- Actual business situations set forth in carefully prepared studies
- Specific New Zealand case studies and presentations
- Total faculty commitment, an integral part of the Darden faculty philosophy
Education: A.B., Harvard College; Ph.D., Stanford University As the current Johnson and Higgins Professorship of Business Administration, Martin Davidson teaches, conducts research and consults with global leaders on how they can use diversity strategically to generate superior business performa...
Education: M.A., Birla Institute of Technology and Science, Pilani, India; MBA, Indian Institute of Management, Calcutta; Ph.D., University of Minnesota Sankaran Venkataraman ("Venkat") is the MasterCard Professor of Business Administration and senior associate dean for faculty and research at t...
Education: B.A., Johns Hopkins University; Ph.D., University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill Francis E. Warnock, the James C. Wheat, Jr. Professor of Business Administration, is Area Coordinator of the Global Economies and Markets (GEM) area. Warnock developed and delivers GEM's First Year Core...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.