Who should attend
Individuals interested in enhancing their coaching competencies are invited to take this Intensive as an "open-enrollment," professional development seminar, without committing to completing the Columbia Coaching Certification Program.
About the course
Unleashing the Power of Human Potential One Leader at a Time
The External Coach Intensive is intended for individuals wishing to coach a variety of clients from an array of organizations. Most participants in this program later serve as consultants in the coaching field.
Participants interested in establishing and enhancing their career as a professional, executive coach will begin the certification process with this 5-day residential coaching intensive. Participants will have an opportunity to ground their professional practice in the historical, philosophical, and ethical foundations of coaching, combined with leading-edge best practices, current research and emerging trends.
The Intensive provides extensive practice applying foundational coaching skills across a variety of case-based situations that will enhance your capabilities as a coach and establish a clear value proposition for clients.
This is achieved by: (1) establishing a clear coaching "point-of-view" (i.e., guiding principles of effective coaching); (2) exploring strategies and tactics for establishing credibility and building trust with clients; (3) learning the core coaching competencies; and (4) receiving feedback from program instructors and peers during practice sessions designed to demonstrate coaching knowledge and skills. Participants will also examine creative marketing tools for coaches.
- LEARN how to analyze feedback to co-create the client's developmental story (strengths and limitations) while connecting the data to an action plan.
- APPLY multiple data collection and analysis techniques to guide coaching interventions.
- INTEGRATE organizational behavior concepts with coaching practices at the individual, group and organizational levels.
- ENHANCE your strategic and focused conversation skills.
- EXPLORE cutting edge approaches for leveraging coaching capabilities throughout the organization (group and peer coaching).
- DEVELOP a personal coaching "point-of-view" informed by current coaching models, research, "best practices" and a deepened self awareness
Dr. Terrence E. Maltbia is a seasoned professional with over 30 years of diverse experience as an external and internal organizational effectiveness consultant, thought leader and educator. Dr. Maltbia came to Teachers College after two years of running his own consulting practice, Organizational...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.