Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Singularity University.Full disclaimer.
If you only attend one event this year to learn about the future of finance, this is the one you cannot afford to miss. If you're responsible for monitoring tech trends in finance, creating new products and features leveraging emerging technologies, and directing innovation at your organization, join us at our Exponential Finance Summit.
We've gathered industry luminaries and our own expert faculty to explore how emerging technologies are impacting wealth management, banking, and insurance. We'll also cover emerging technologies including blockchain, big data, machine learning, quantum computing, biometrics, and digital identity, among many others.
Perhaps more importantly, we’ll discuss how organizations are leveraging these technologies to thrive in uncertain times, by exploring topics including: how crowdsourcing is disrupting hedge funds, how the FinTech startup landscape is developing, how to invest in disruptive innovation, how to capitalize on the future of payments and banking, how automation and robotics will impact banking, how to thrive in an automated financial advising future, how artificial intelligence will change insurance, how to plan and implement digital wealth, and how to make a positive impact through finance.
Join us at the New York Marriott Marquis in Times Square to discover how new technologies and strategies are rapidly reshaping every aspect of the financial industry.
Global Banking Program: Fintech, Digital, and Analytics
The banking and financial sectors are witnessing profound changes driven by innovations in technology, regulatory reforms disruptive business models and rising expectations from digitally-empowered consumers. In particular, technological innovation has transformed the financial services industry at an accelerated pace, and further disruption in the future is almost a certainty. The new generation of financial technology — or fintech — business models are affecting many realms of consumer financial services, such as mobile payments, crypto-currencies, foreign exchange, marketplace (online) lending, saving and investing, financial consulting (robo-advisers), and health and life insurance.
It’s imperative for organizations who operate in these sectors to understand and embrace these changes to continue to thrive in this new disruptive landscape. The objective of this program is to provide participants with an understanding of the economic and technological forces driving this change and to learn how to harness them in a responsible way. The Global Banking Program will provide executives with a broad understanding of global markets, strategic management, fintech, digital transformation, and customer strategy.
The Global Banking Program is an exceptional way to:
- Understand the latest developments in the global financial services landscape and how traditional models and processes are being disrupted and transformed by changing regulatory frameworks and by innovations in fintech, digital, and analytics
- Combine theory and practice by working on relevant application projects
- Engage with Columbia Business School’s world-class faculty around both their latest research and experience in as areas such as banking, fintech, digital, and analytics
- Increase your network of connections with experienced business people from a wide variety of cultures, nationalities, and backgrounds
- Establish lifelong connections to Columbia Business School by receiving select Columbia Business School alumni beneﬁts
Participants receive these Columbia Business School alumni benefits upon completing the program:
- Access to Columbia Business School Alumni Career Services resources
- Invitations to alumni events and programs around the world
- Eligibility to join a Columbia Business School alumni club
- A 25 percent tuition benefit for yourself and up to four colleagues each year for programs lasting up to seven days
- Global networking opportunities
- Lifetime Columbia Business School forwarding email address
- Subscriptions to all Columbia Business School alumni publications
The Global Banking Program is an intensive six-months, multi-modular program that prepares global executives to innovate new technologies and business models and lead transformation in the banking and financial services industries. In class sessions take place in New York and London with virtual sessions in between.
- Banks and Fintech Integration
- Block Chain
- Crypto- Currencies and Implications
- Fino and Correspondent Banking
- Telecom Companies and Banks
- Fintech and Regulations
- Cyber – Security & Privacy
Strategy and Execution
- Leading Strategic Change
- Value Investing
- Asset – Liability Management
- Strategic Thinking & Execution in Banking and Financial Services
- Credit Analysis
- Risk Management:
- Climate Risk & Financing
- Global Economic Environment
- Market Microstructure
- Capital Markets – Debt & Sovereign
- Market Making/Dark Pools
- Data-driven Credit Modelling
- Textual Analysis of Big Data/Insights
- Digital Transformation in Banking and Financial Services
- Consumer Banking
- Customer Experience
- Marketing of Financial Services
- Wealth Management -Family Offices
- Psychology of Consumer Finance
Who should attend
The program is designed for participants from large or medium-sized banking and financial services companies or fintech startups. The program will help talented leaders prepare to take on larger, critical roles within the banking and fintech industries. All the key elements of the program experience — the professors, the content, peer interactions, and application exercises etc. — are designed specifically for executives with:
- A minimum of 10+ years of work experience
- International experience preferred
- An urgent agenda for change
- Confident fluency in written and spoken English