Exploring International Markets Programme
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Strathmore Business School.Full disclaimer.
Current and potential agribusiness investors need to keep abreast of the current trends and the dynamics of the international farming arena. The ultimate goal of any investor is to achieve the maximum returns on his/her investment. International markets provide the best avenue for maximization of a farmers returns. This is because the market is more structured and the prices are much higher as compared to the local markets. Investors who have been exposed to international markets tend to achieve high quality produce, efficacy and efficiency in the management of their operations and they embrace technology. Investors in agribusiness lack exposure to best practices in agri-produce branding, access to agro-processing machinery and knowledge of agricultural produce transportation and logistics. The Exploring International Markets Program will help you to maximize your returns by exposing you and enabling you to access the most profitable markets. It is designed to help you to develop new ideas and linkages by creating personal relationships with international buyers. You will also interact with over 2,500 fresh produce buyers, tech developers, dried fruits, herbs, spices, and nuts buyers, packaging and labeling solutions providers, transport and logistical systems companies, produce handling and storage companies and cultivation systems experts. The forum through the program provides a one stop shop for all you need to take your agribusiness enterprise to the next level.
Program structure and format
The program is structured in two modules. * Module One: Exposure visit 6 day visit to Berlin Germany to appreciate the international markets. * Module Two: Class module 3 day intensive class sessions that will be facilitated by experienced faculty and industry experts.
Key Focus Areas
- This program will ensure that you grasp:
- Production best practices
- Internationally accepted produce quality standards
- Various local and international options of working capital and export financing
- Opportunity analysis for various value chains
- Fruits and fresh produce export logistics
- Food safety and traceability standards
- Best practices in produce packaging
- Agro-processing equipment and value addition technologies
- Branding practices for local and international markets
- Various mechanization technologies for scale-up
- Best Practices in transportation, logistics and handling of value added produce
Benefits of attending
- After attendance the participants should be able to:
- Conceptualize and create export marketing partnerships
- Develop viable trade contacts
- Acquire international trade exposure.
- Network with other top fresh produce exporters
- Understand how to improve the quality of produce
- Source for quality and modern production and processing technologies.
Who should attend
The Program is designed for current and prospective agri-entrepreneur, value chain and logistics managers, as well as new investors looking to venture into fresh produce and related value chains business line. It is ideal for investors and policy makers who are keen on exploring primary production and agro-processing technology and well as packaging solutions, those keen on learning international best practices in agri-produce quality, branding and packaging, those interested in agro-processing and would want to survey various machinery from different countries and the investors who want to access over 1000 buyers from across the globe.