Who should attend
- Senior-level women executives with atleast 15 years of work experience
- Strategic leaders who have, or are poised to receive, responsibilities for developing and leading strategic initiatives
- Professionals who wish to improve their network for guidance and feedback
About the course
In the Goizueta Executive Women’s Leadership Forum, you’ll examine the power of storytelling, develop a personal leadership narrative, and discover how you can leverage your own story to drive your organization’s culture, strategy, and direction.
HOW IT WORKS
In this five-day, immersive, residential program, you’ll be surrounded by a network of your peers – successful women executives – who are looking to expand their leadership capacities and spearhead strategic initiatives in their organizations.
Participants will be tasked with completing a pre-assessment form and the DNA Behavioral Insights upon acceptance into the program. Proficiency in Microsoft Excel is strongly recommended.
Enjoy several sessions including Executive Wellness, and Communicating with Impact led by The Alliance Theatre. Meet and network with other cohort participants during the Wine Tasting and Pairing Network Reception.
Explore methods to tell a good story, underscoring the power of narrative as a communication technique. Refine the skills you need to be present and authentic, speak with confidence, and utilize intentional communication as part of your strategic storytelling capabilities. Understand critical frameworks that will be used to define your vision for yourself, your team, and your organization.
DEFINE YOUR STORY
Better understand how to create and capture value for your organization and the role you play as a strategic leader in delivering value. Take a deep dive into strategic communications using the Business DNA Assessment, and explore how to better engage with high performing teams.
SHAPE YOUR STORY
Participate in strategy mapping amongst your small group. Explore gender assertiveness and emotional intelligence, and their implications in teams and effective leadership.
- Engage with your fellow participants at a kickoff reception, designed to prepare you for the forum. Spend an evening interacting with the Atlanta Master Chorale during a rehearsal to experience a high performing team in action.
TELL YOUR STORY
Focus on executive storytelling and its application and integration. The program will conclude at 1:00 p.m.
- Three hours of one-on-one executive coaching along with the powerful Business DNA Assessment tool, to be scheduled at your convenience within a few weeks of the conclusion of the residential portion of the program.
- A mid-year gathering to re-energize you and re-connect with your cohort.
- Invitation to join the future Goiuzeta Executive Women's Leadership Forum kick-off receptions.
- A Powerful Story – Learn how your personal and professional narratives can influence culture, inspire action, and deliver results.
- A Clear Direction – Develop leadership and strategy narratives for yourself, your teams, and your organization.
- A Powerful Network – Enhance your professional network with contacts who understand your goals and can provide meaningful guidance and feedback.
THE VOICE OF LEADERSHIP
Craft more persuasive messages, re-examine attitudes on assertiveness in a data-driven discussion on perception and gender, uncover how your organization operates, and create value for the business and for the role you play as a leader and strategic thinker.
Associate Professor in the Practice of Information Systems & Operations Management Phone: (404) 727-3526 Fax: (404) 727-6313 Email: email@example.com MAILING ADDRESS: 1300 Clifton Road Atlanta, GA 30322 BIOGRAPHY Professor Walton joined Goizueta Business School in the Fall of 1996. After...
Karen L. Sedatole is a Professor of Accounting in the Department of Accounting and Information Systems, Eli Broad College of Business, Michigan State University. She earned her BSE in computer engineering from Baylor University in 1987, her MBA from The University of Texas at Austin in 1989, and ...
Biography Lieutenant General (Ret) P. K. (Ken) Keen is a native of Hyden, Kentucky. LTG (Ret) Keen is currently the Associate Dean of Leadership Development and a faculty member in Organization and Management for Emory University’s Goizueta Business School in Atlanta, Georgia. In this role, he ma...
Biography Jill Perry-Smith joined the Goizueta Business School faculty after completing her Ph.D. in organizational behavior in the College of Management at Georgia Institute of Technology. Her areas of specialization include the effects of informal social networks on creativity and the impact of...
J. has acted, directed, produced, and taught. Known as an authentic communicator with the ability to teach that skill to others, J. has been a popular program facilitator with top-tier national corporations as well as non-profits and educational institutions. J. is currently the director of the T...
Nikki is passionate about helping business leaders and their teams increase employee engagement, satisfaction, and productivity. She works to improve communication, understanding and help teams achieve more. She is an insightful coach with scientifically validated assessments to help clients meet...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.