Who should attend
As a businesswoman, you will benefit highly from this course if you:
- Have recently taken up a senior leadership role
- Are preparing for a senior leadership position
- Are making the shift from a specialist role to general management
About the course
Develop your full potential
The UCT GSB Executive Women in Leadership course is designed for women in, or preparing for, senior leadership roles. This immersive course addresses the challenges that women executives face and provides practical insight and tools for women to increase their leadership impact and visibility – and bring value to their organisations.
Build leadership capacity
Research shows that although more women are filling senior roles, they still face challenges at leadership level – such as managing internal stakeholders and politics, balancing work and home, and guiding change. The UCT GSB’s Executive Women in Leadership course offers a unique, supportive and practical approach to develop your leadership capacity, and equip you to face any challenges with confidence and authentic leadership. You will be given coaching and support as you implement tools techniques back at work.
Delegates on the Executive Women in Leadership course will gain:
- Individualised coaching
- A supportive environment to explore the particular challenges that women face in the workplace
- Tools to increase leadership impact and visibility
- Practices to establish influence and authority
- A focus on translating authentic leadership into value for the organisation
What does the Course Focus on?
Course content includes:
- Understand the particular demands and challenges on executives in the 21st century
- Develop your signature presence as a woman leader
- Recognise personal blind spots and patterns, which can undermine impact
- Manage your energy and attention
- Create congruence between personal and professional life
- Hold bold conversations and develop clear boundaries
- Lead authentically
- Understand how to build game changing executive teams and how to contribute beyond the areas of functional expertise
- Create environments for excellence
- Understand cross-functional collaboration
- Engage effectively with stakeholders and build influence
- Establish a strong network
- Navigate organisational politics
- Be able to lead change and transition
- Engage diversity for innovation and growth
- Discover how to energise teams and people
Liz de Wet is a process design and facilitation specialist with a particular focus on leadership practice and executive team development. Her key interest is in facilitation methodologies that create meaningful impact for both individuals and organisations and she has spent her 17 years of experi...
Rosemary Grant's career spans senior roles in both the global healthcare industry and the UK public sector. Her signature business strengths are people development, international business re-structuring and operational excellence. She has an outstanding record of delivering business performance w...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.