Who should attend
This program is designed to accommodate experienced IT professionals as well as experienced business managers:
Business process owners, business & IT consultants, operational auditors, IT auditors, IT assurance professionals, CIOs, IT managers, IT quality managers, information security managers, digital transformation managers & project leaders, business/IT relationship managers, portfolio, program and project managers.
About the course
Information Technology has become a crucial enabler in the support, sustainability and growth of enterprises. Given this pervasive role of IT, a specific focus on enterprise governance of IT (EGIT) – as an integral part of corporate governance – is indispensable in order to guarantee value creation out of investments in IT.
Going well beyond the implementation of a superior IT infrastructure, enterprise governance of IT is about embedding processes, structures and relational mechanisms throughout the organization. This will enable boards as well as business and IT people to execute their responsibilities in support of business and IT alignment and value creation from the IT-enabled investments.
In order to meet stakeholder’s expectations in this field of knowledge, Antwerp Management School and Maastricht University School of Business & Economics have established a unique partnership to offer a state-of-the-art Executive Master in IT Governance and Assurance.
Featuring case studies, this part-time executive master integrates theoretical advances and empirical research with practical applications, including an in-depth discussion on the COBIT 2019 framework. The latter can be used to build, to measure and to audit enterprise governance of IT applications.
In addition, participants will acquire a broad perspective and the managerial skills needed to lead and succeed in a dynamic and fast evolving digital environment.
This internationally accredited Master of Science (MSc) in IT Governance & Assurance, will trigger participants to confront practice with science. A highly interactive learning journey – supported by top faculty, visiting guest lecturers, peer-to-peer learning, case studies, individual and group assignments – will guarantee a well-balanced and unique mixture of rigor and practice.
After attending this program:
- you have broadened and deepened your knowledge of general management and IT governance, IT management and IT assurance;
- you can identify, communicate and manage the organization’s IT related business value opportunities and risks;
- you are able to prepare and make management decisions in the domains of IT governance, audit, control, security and compliance;
- you can apply the international IT governance and assurance framework COBIT 2019;
- you are well prepared to successfully obtain professional ISACA certifications such as CISA (Certified Information Security Auditor), CISM (Certified Information Security Manager), CGEIT (Certified in the Governance of Enterprise IT) and CRISC (Certified in Risk and Information Systems Control).
The program focuses on deepening and practicing your knowledge in enterprise IT governance and assurance. In addition this program holds modules on business strategy, leadership, change and risk management. You can also register for an individual master classes:
- Residential opening seminar
- Digital Transformation: Strategy & Leadership
- Business Research Methods & Master Project Preparation
- Master Class Corporate Governance, Risk & Compliance
- Digital Assets
- Master Project: group and faculty feedback sessions
- Master Class Information Security Management
- Leadership, Change and Personal Development
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.