Executive Leadership Programme
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with University of Salford, Manchester.Full disclaimer.
It is vitally important for any executive leader to take a step back in order to see the big picture of their organisation, effectively working “on the business” rather than “in the business”.
The Executive Leadership Programme is a unique development offering for senior leaders. The course provides participants with the maximum personal and business benefit from a minimum and realistic time investment
Behavioural change is crucial to business change. According to research by the Economist Intelligence Unit, behaviour change in the organisation is "the most important measure in determining the success of a change innitiative." However according to research into the subject only 14% of companies are effective at sustaining behaviour change.
Leaders within any industry sector have to embrace change and transition in order to achieve results. During times of change it is vital that executive leaders are able to empower their employees to remain focused, and are able to embed a positive team culture. Meeting the human side of change is key to meeting the objectives of your organsisation.
Working with world-class tutors, the programme enables you to reflect upon your contribution as a leader, and to develop a renewed perspective on your business. Participants will begin to see real time benefits as a direct result of the programme on their return to the workplace.
On the Executive Leadership Programme there will be a focus on 3 critical areas of leadership:
1) Organisational Culture
- Why Culture Matters
- Types of Culture
- Culture & Performance
- Can Culture Be Measured?
- Identifying Organisational Culture
- Can Culture be Transformed?
2) High Performance Leadership Workshop
- Characteristics of Leadership
- Leadership vs Management
- Prescriptive vs Restrictive Leadership
- Measuring Characteristics of Leadership
- Commitments of Outstanding Leadership
3) Values Driven Performance Workshop
- Values Leadership
- Vision and Values
- Values and Engagement
- Exemplify the Values
- Models of Coaching and Mentoring
The programme will provide insights into all of these areas through an engaging combination of group work, teaching, diagnostic tools and video bursts.
The Executive Leadership Programme is an integrated senior leadership development experience that incorporates:
- An engaging combination of interactive seminar discussions, syndicate work, individual diagnostics, and business scenarios
- Profiling questionnaires that offer new insights into your business leadership style and impact
- Creation of a development plan with clear objectives, activities and timescales that ensures the successful application of learning to your business context
- Focusing on practical skills and real outcomes throughout the programme is designed to ensure you can always relate the content directly to yourself and your business’s current performance and future success.
Time away from the business is a significant investment for anyone in a business leadership position. The programme is carefully designed to provide the maximum benefit in the shortest and most realistic time possible. The three-day programme comprises an in-depth look at organisational culture and leadership with specific reference to value-driven leadership and a strong focus on leadership coaching and mentoring.
Focusing on practical skills and real outcomes throughout, the programme is designed to ensure you can always relate the content directly to yourself and your business’s current performance and future success. Core themes include:
- Leadership at top and senior levels
- Distinguishing strategy from operations
- Organisational structure and culture
- Building and implementing business strategy
- Sustainable business
- Making people truly central to business strategy
- Managing knowledge to create strategic innovation
- The importance of a value-driven approach
- Constructive leadership skills through coaching and mentoring
Who should attend
Directors and senior leaders who have responsibility for an organisation, or who are in positions with responsibility for influencing business unit strategy and performance, will benefit from this leadership training course.