Executive Leadership (Masters Certificate in Public Sector Leadership)
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Schulich Executive Learning Centre.Full disclaimer.
Transform your organization for sustained success as part of your leadership legacy
Communicating With Impact
Effective leadership requires polished skills to engage diverse audiences at all levels. Critical communication skills, both written and verbal, accelerate career success and are essential to the cohesive and prosperous operation of any organization.
- Unleash personal communication strenghts to increase impact so that your message is heard, understood and remembered
- Gain new insights about your communication style tendencies and how they can both engage and disengage others
- Present your ideas to executive audiences convincingly for increased buy-in and commitment
- Write more clearly and persuasively to diverse readers
Leading in Crisis
With constant and rapid change in the global environment, and with social media intensifying the “fish bowl” effect, it seems that crises have become a daily occurrence for public sector leaders. Learning to manage critical situations has become an essential skill to ensure that public sector organizations have the resilience to adapt and succeed.
- Manage critical situations to ensure that your organization has the resilience to adapt and succeed in torday’s turbulent world
- Identify the nature of a crisis – its characteristics and consequences
- Learn the main features of a crisis management plan, including the communication component.
- Reflect on one’s leadership style in time of crisis.
The Leader’s Challenge
The changing and complex public-sector environment requires a paradigm shift in thinking about leadership. This module explores the dynamics of individual and organizational leadership – how to lead with clarity and authenticity, and with courage and passion, from where you are in your organization.
- Foster the greatest levels of performance for yourself and your team in an increasingly uncertain environment
- What distinguishes effective leaders?
- Clarify your vision, values and your leadership “brand”
Integrative Case Study and the Future of Public Management
Apply all the skills learned in this program to identify common issues and opportunities in public sector management.
- Work on a case study where you will analyze, prepare options and propose recommendations
- Senior public service guest speakers give their perspectives on advancing in the public sector
Who should attend
The program has been designed for:
- Executives and senior managers at the federal, provincial or municipal levels of government, as well as the broader public sector, who are looking to increase the effectiveness of their department or agency
- High-potential professionals in the public sector who wish to develop their skills to the next level and aspire to senior level leadership in the government or not-for-profit sectors
- Public-sector leaders who will be succeeding to higher levels as current senior personnel retire
- Professionals in the private sector who interface with government