Executive Leadership (Masters Certificate in Public Sector Leadership)
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Schulich Executive Learning Centre.Full disclaimer.
Transform your organization for sustained success as your leadership legacy
Leading Organizational Change
Change is never easy. To bring about significant organizational change, leaders must be able to identify what stage of transition employees are at, respond to resistance, communicate difficult change news in a way that fosters “buy-in” and build a critical mass of energy and support early in the change. The key is to understand what motivates employees and other stakeholders.
- Understand the strategic framework for effectively planning, launching and implementing change
- Learn practical tools and templates for working through difficult change issues
- Increase confidence in how to motivate others and respond effectively to people’s concerns
Communicating With Impact
Effective leadership requires polished skills to engage diverse audiences at all levels. Critical communication skills, both written and verbal, accelerate career success and are essential to the cohesive and prosperous operation of any organization.
- Gain new insights about your communication style tendencies and how they can both engage and disengage others
- Present your ideas to executive audiences convincingly for increased buy-in and commitment
- Write more clearly and persuasively to diverse readers
The Leader’s Challenge
The changing and complex public-sector environment requires a paradigm shift in thinking about leadership. This module explores the dynamics of individual and organizational leadership – how to lead with clarity and authenticity, and with courage and passion, from where you are in your organization.
- Examine the relationship between leading and managing
- What distinguishes effective leaders?
- Clarify your vision, values and your leadership “brand”
Integrative Case Study and the Future of Public Management
Apply all the skills learned in this program to identify common issues and opportunities in public sector management.
- Work on a case study where you will analyze, prepare options and propose recommendations
- Senior public service guest speakers give their perspectives on advancing in the public sector
Who should attend
The program has been designed for:
- Executives and senior managers at the federal, provincial or municipal levels of government, as well as the broader public sector, who are looking to increase the effectiveness of their department or agency
- High-potential professionals in the public sector who wish to develop their skills to the next level and aspire to senior level leadership in the government or not-for-profit sectors
- Public-sector leaders who will be succeeding to higher levels as current senior personnel retire
- Professionals in the private sector who interface with government