Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
The HR for the Fourth Industrial Revolution Executive Certificate Program is designed for experienced and accomplished HR practitioners, HR leaders, and individuals preparing for expanded leadership positions in HR. Participants will gain valuable insights and skills leading their HR organizations to new heights with clarity and confidence.
About the course
Today’s business environment is undergoing transformative change. Disruptive technology, the gig economy, access to unprecedented amounts of data, the emergence of artificial intelligence across industries, and agile and design thinking, will all require human resource professionals to shift their mindset to help their organizations be competitive in this new world of work.
The HR at the Crossroads Program provides you with a variety of options to address your current business challenges and create a roadmap for practical application! Apply new thinking and tools to your business challenge in a cumulative playbook throughout this 5-day experiential learning program. You will learn to align business and HR strategy; leverage disruptive technologies such as AI and talent analytics; proactively adapt to workforce changes and the employee experience; and implement change in your organization.
HR at the Crossroads, an Executive Certificate Program, allows working professionals the opportunity to earn a 3-credit elective course waiver towards a Master’s in Human Resource Management degree from Rutgers University’s prestigious School of Management and Labor Relations.
After successful completion of this integrated HR at the Crossroads Executive Certificate Program, you will be able to:
- Develop integrative HR solutions that strengthen the connection between HR and business strategy by building and leveraging your organization’s core competencies
- Gain an understanding and leverage disruptive technologies, such as artificial intelligence, for designing and delivering HR strategies and programs that meet the needs of the business
- Harness the power of people analytics to enhance HR metrics and become a strategic advisor to organizational leaders
- Develop strategies using agile and design thinking principles to improve employee engagement and business outcomes
- Apply organizational network analysis principles and metrics to evaluate and develop coordinated, agile, and effective organizational networks
- Leverage change management frameworks and tools to implement organizational change
- Apply new thinking and tools each day to your individual business challenge, culminating in an actionable work product at the end of the program
- Ten half-day workshops (must complete all ten days to earn a certificate)
- Thursdays, 9 a.m. – noon
Before joining the faculty at SMLR, Hadi El-Farr was a visiting assistant professor at the University of Cincinnati teaching courses in Human Resources and Organizational behavior. Prior to that, Hadi has taught various courses at the University of Leeds and University of York. Hadi had his Ph.D...
Varun Gupta is the Director of Human Resources at IBM. In his current role, Varun leads HR for IBM Research, one of the world’s largest and most influential corporate research labs with more than 3000 researchers in 12 labs located across six continents. Varun also focuses the development and gro...
Sharon Lydon is senior associate dean at Rutgers Business School (RBS), New Jersey, USA. Professor Lydon has as total of eight academic programs that report to her: Executive M.B.A, M.B.A. (full-time and part-time), M.B.A. in Professional Accounting, Masters in Accounting (Tax, Financial Accounti...
Maryanne has over 20 years of extensive experience in the human capital area focused on talent management, executive coaching, strategy, leadership and organization development in financial services, information technology, education and professional services organizations. Her ability to combin...
Michael C. Sturman is a Professor of Human Resource Management in the Rutgers School of Management and Labor Relations. He brings more than two decades of research and teaching experience, with his work focusing on the prediction of individual job performance over time, the influence of compensat...
Leadership and organization development New product development team effectiveness Business strategy Talent acquisition and retention Succession planning and learning He has over 26 years of corporate experience including key human resource leadership roles with RCA/GE, Manufacturers Hanover T...
Videos and materials
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.