About the course
Developed in response to intense client demand, our new Executive Access series offers short programs that provide you with immediate, actionable insights in light of the current pandemic and its economic aftermath. The first program in the series is Seeing Around Corners, taught by world-renowned strategist Rita McGrath.
This intensive, three-hour virtual program offers insights into cutting edge tools for identifying the sweeping changes that are likely to affect your organization, rapidly learning to make sense of them, and creating a fresh strategy for coming through the crisis in a better condition than when it began. The format is designed to be highly interactive with a mix of lectures, group breakouts, and an interview with an industry expert. If you’re feeling stuck or confused about what to do next in a world that is utterly transformed, this time-efficient program about the new landscape may be the starting point you’re looking for.
✓ Rapidly identify strategic inflection points in your industry
✓ Understand how they challenge the assumptions on which your current business is based
✓ Practice 8 techniques for gaining concrete information from the “edges” of your organization
✓ Explain to others in your organization what a set of practical next steps might be
- Strategic Inflection Points
- Defining a strategic inflection point
- Why incumbents often miss them
- The gradual — then sudden — pattern of an inflection point unfolding
- Snow Melts from the Edges
- 8 practical techniques for cutting through the blind spots that you can apply immediately
- Snow Melts: Breakout Session
- Compare notes on the 8 practices with other executives and share ideas for application and action
- Action Planning and What’s on the Horizon
- Define 3 key next steps you hope to take
- Guest Interview
- Hear from David Kidder, serial founder, angel investor, and author of New to Big who is currently the CEO of Bionic, a consultancy that offers advisory services for large enterprises seeking to discover new growth opportunities and build new businesses
- Learn why the future will be discovered, not planned, and how leaders can focus their energy amidst so much uncertainty
Rita Gunther McGrath, a Professor at Columbia Business School, is regarded as one of the world’s top experts on strategy and innovation with particular emphasis on developing sound strategy in uncertain and volatile environments. Her ideas are widely used by leading organizations throughout the w...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.