Who should attend
This program is intended for Managers and Executives in public and private-sector organizations who are responsible for executing or implementing a strategy. While this content is highly practical for any organization impacted by the COVID-19 pandemic, it is especially relevant for those in banking, retail, hospitality/tourism, government, healthcare and education sectors.
About the course
This is not business as usual. The COVID-19 crisis has disrupted virtually every industry, in every corner of the globe.
As the economy struggles to recover, smart business leaders realize there won’t be a rapid return to "normal". Operations must be re-structured to best manage in these challenged environments, as access to resources will remain a key barrier to execution.
Fortunately, those organizations who can make optimal use of time, teams and capital stand to not simply survive the crisis, but thrive thanks to newfound differentiation.
This dynamic online session uses real-world examples to teach Lean methodologies. Interactive activities and exercises will ensure broad understanding of key concepts, necessary tools and how to apply them.
- Develop process planning and optimization skills
- Recognize the constraints and challenged resources conditions blocking value creation and understand new ways to improve those conditions
- Lead organizational change towards the next organizational business model
- Realign priorities in an environment of resource limitations
- Build a sense of evolving customer needs and economic conditions towards developing an organization that is well-prepared for the next "normal"
- Enable operations more effectively in challenged conditions
Through a series expert lectures based on real-world examples, interactive exercises and group discussion, you will learn to:
- Review, optimize and reduce complexity of existing resources within your organization
- Eliminate bottlenecks and other constraints
- Develop process and business modelling tools for our new environment
- Appreciate how to best allocate and utilize scarce resources towards new ways of value creation
Assistant Professor and Distinguished Faculty Fellow of Operations Strategy Barry Cross is an expert and thought leader in innovation, execution and operations strategy. He joined Smith School of Business after nearly 20 years in the automotive and manufacturing sectors with Magna, Autosystems...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.