Excel Modelling for Decision Making
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with The University of Auckland Business School.Full disclaimer.
Use Excel to enhance your organisation’s decision making and analysis.
This course uses a case study to work through the methods and Excel modelling best practice used to analyse and make both short-term and long-term financial decisions. Using a hands-on approach, you are equipped with the ability to develop a generic Excel modelling road map for any decision making process.
In preparation for this course, you will have access to the Executive Education online learning platform to look into Net Present Value Rule as part of their pre-work.
This one-day course is designed for people with a basic knowledge of Excel, and focuses on how you can use excel to make fact-based decisions. The course covers the basics of Excel modelling, Excel model design and construction, how to amend and extend models, and methods to check that your model and its output are perfect.
- Legendary Excel shortcuts to make you amazingly efficient
- Model design options
- Generic roadmap for modelling
- Focusing on the output
- Identifying data sources and missing information
- Charting for success
- Building scenarios
- Learn a model roadmap to assist in the construction of any Excel model
- Tour through some key metrics for short-term and long-term decision making
- Enhance your Excel modelling knowledge and skills, allowing you to work more effectively and efficiently in Excel
- Learn how to use your business knowledge to make a decision
Your organisation will:
- Benefit from an enhancement of the analysis that can be undertaken at the desk
- Have increased confidence that the models that are constructed are reasonably error-free
Who should attend
- Finance Business Partners
- Management Consultants