Who should attend
The course is relevant to a range of people in the public sector involved in the design, development and evaluation of new programs or the redesign/redevelopment of existing ones. These people may range from managers who provide oversight to these activities, as well as those involved in the detailed work of assessing program options and features. The workshop will help each of these groups better use the evidence to support their role in improving programs.
About the course
An interactive workshop with a range of pedagogical approaches, including a few short lecture-based inputs, group work, discussion, case study, real- world examples, and an opportunity for participants to work on challenges currently facing their organisation. It will improve participants’ ability to provide oversight and guidance on the way evidence is acquired, assessed and utilised for better decision making. Participants will become critical users of evidence and be able to appropriately use evidence to inform decisions.
On completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- share the importance of evidence in public sector decision making
- assess, source and use evidence more effectively in decision making
- embed evaluation protocols into program design
- efficiently manage program evaluation.
What will you learn?
- the importance of evidence in decision making
- how to assess existing evidence
- how to gather new evidence
- how to apply evidence to decision making
- types of evaluation
- program logic
- methods appropriate to evaluation
- the conduct of process and outcome evaluation.
Dr Zina O’Leary is currently an adjunct senior lecturer at UNSW and an ANZSOG Senior Fellow. Previously, Zina was senior lecturer and the Workplace Integrated Learning Coordinator at the University of Sydney Business School. Dr Dr O'Leary was awarded her PhD as a US National Science Foundation ...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.