Who should attend
- Corporate or public sector in-house event planners – conferences, meetings, team building exercises
- Planners in the hospitality and entertainment industries
- Producers and organisers from the creative and performing arts and organisers of sporting events
About the course
Choreograph and create spectacular events.
A successful event can provide tremendous marketing, organisational and personal benefits – an unsuccessful event is a nightmare. Event management involves meticulous organisation, careful planning, and focused execution to ensure success.
As United States author Judy Allen says: “Designing and producing an event is like a high-wire act without the safety nets. Once your event starts there are no second chances.”
This is a hands-on interactive workshop where participants will work through the process of planning actual real events. Participants will cover all aspects of event management. This includes choosing a theme, establishing a budget, selecting a venue, organising catering and security, and reaching their target audience.
- Event definition and planning
- Managing the event preparation process
- Marketing and promotion
- Funding and sponsorship
- Managing people, including volunteers
- Safety and risk planning
The course also includes many helpful checklists and templates for participants to customise for use in their own environment.
- Develop the ability to organise and plan a wide range of events
- Gain the confidence to tackle all aspects of event management
- Understand how to direct, motivate and manage people who are not your direct reports
Your organisation will:
- Improve targeting of events to identified business outcomes
- Effectively execute events for associated business and organisational benefits
- Improve employee morale and reduction in stress levels from well managed processes
Rob Verkerk has more than 30 years’ operational management, project management, event management and consulting experience. He is the Managing Director of Scope Services Ltd, a project management consultancy and training organisation. Rob is currently actively engaged in major project management...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.