Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Euromoney Learning Solutions.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Understand the ethical impact of digitisation with this 4 hour course
A mixture of recent real cases and scenario analysis, including previously imposed fines, business limitations, licence revocations and personal punishments will be discussed and assessed. This will enable a better understanding of the evolving intersection between business and customer empowerment, and ever increasing regulatory scrutiny and expectations.
By the end of this course, you will be able to:
- Understand the ethical impact of digital developments for the Financial Services Industry
- Analyse the changing technological landscape across the first line of defence
- Demonstrate the relationship between values, governance and ethics
- Delve into the ethical decision-making process and the values led mindset and see how it applies to the corporate cultural framework
- Look into what frameworks can be been adopted to better understand how the decision-making process works based on both moral and ethical factors
Professional facilitators carry out our training with well-developed group and classroom management skills in a non-critical environment, which encourages individuals to practice skills that are being taught. We do not sit individuals down and talk through a stack of PowerPoint slides; we engage them and discuss core ideas and concepts to bring their ideas and energy out, cementing the regulatory and commercial principles we are promoting in their mind. We do not focus on an unattainable set of KPIs, but rather achievable principles that can be readily utilised, adapted, and developed in an everyday working environment.
Discussion points and simulations, aligned with a structured training plan and real-life scenarios, allow individuals to develop the skills necessary for success. Handbooks will be used, but individuals are encouraged to make use of the sessions to take their own notes, practising the vital audio, visual and kinaesthetic skills which are vital in their role, learning how to process and store information which they will later be required to recall.
Course Programme – A Four Hour course
Session 1 Culture & Conduct
- Compliance and Risk Culture
- Compliance & Conduct
- Conduct Risks & Conduct Costs (CCP)
- Ethical misconduct and share price
- Conduct regulation; SMCR, MIC, BEAR, and the impending accountability regime in Singapore
Session 2 Ethics Fundamentals
What are Ethics?
The role of ethics in society
- Overview of the history and development of ethics
- The letter of the law versus the spirit of the law
- Customs and conventions – how ethics and moral values differ between cultures
- Why ethical decision-making is important within the private sector
- Consequences of unethical behaviour
Session 3 Critical Elements of Ethical Thinking
- What are ethical frameworks
- How can they be applied at work?
Session 4 Impact of Digitisation for the Financial Services Industry
- The next revolution? Or evolution? FinTech, RegTech, and DataTech
- Digitisation; what does this mean and when will consumers fully embrace this?
Non-face to face verification?
- Regulatory and legal implications including our responsibility and compliance obligations to conduct adequate due diligence
Cyber threat vulnerability of entrenched systems, such as SWIFT:
- Repeated cyber and data breaches in recent years
- The Bangladesh Bank heist; logistics, detail and implications for increase of such systems and processes
Session 5 Cyber Security
What is cybersecurity?
How is cybersecurity compromised?
- What is malware?
- What are the different types of malware?
- Viruses & Worms
- Spyware & Trojan Horses
- Case Study – Lazarus Group
- An overview of social engineering as a type of fraud
- Singapore & Online Threats
- Case Study – NUS & NTU hackers
- Nigerian 419 Scam
- Case Study – Sony Pictures Entertainment
- Online Scams – how to look out for tell-tale phishing signs?
- Phishing over the phone
Who should attend
Relationship Managers, Private Bankers, Wealth Managers, Client Advisors and other Client Facing Bank Personnel
Trust the experts
Sam is the Founder of complilearn, providing specialist and advanced Compliance learning to clients globally. He has extensive experience delivering content across a wide range of Governance, Risk, and Compliance areas, to a variety of industry sectors. Sam has been based in Singapore for nearly ...