Who should attend
Middle and Senior Management Executives
About the course
In the Covid era, ethical decision making (EDM) in the corporate world has become more challenging. Managers are increasingly finding it difficult to determine the ‘right thing to do’. Across the world, managers have to contend with the Government and Society to fulfil their legal/social obligations. Further, Big Pharma and Big Tech are being subjected to governmental regulations and societal pressures. This three day Executive Education employs a non-traditional and contemporary method of imparting Business Ethics Education to deal with ethical dilemmas in teh workplace. Based on the IBS (individual, business and society) framework, it aims to enable participants to deal with their individual biases in ethical judgement. The course adopts a novel approach with an in-depth examination of the Volkswagen’s Dieselgate Scandal in particular from the perspective of ethical decision-making issues at the level of Individual, Business and Society. To understand and appreciate the IBS framework the course also looks at some of the most prominent business ethics cases pregnant with the multiple dimensions of ethical decision making. The Course will be based on our research and designing of a novel business ethics pedagogy called Integrative Live Case method (ILC). In this pedagogical method the ethical issues involved are examined with some of the prominent debates and concepts in business ethics instruction. The pedagogy has also got adequate space for exercises by participants in the course of the programme.
- Ethics, as a concept, has grey areas. Therefore, participants need to get introduced to varied views regarding the origin of ethical issues and the wide-ranging implications they have on different stakeholders. In short, the course seeks to focus on participant-centred learning for an appreciation of ethical problems from IBS perspective
- Through a critical examination of the various ethical concepts, the course seeks to inspire participants to engage in a thorough examination of individual thinking across levels, functions, and roles
- Examine the various inter-linkages in the evolution of an organization's ethical climate
- Appreciate the interdependence between societal actions and corporate EDM via stakeholder prioritisation and management
- Module I: Introduction to the Course and Core Debates: Shareholder versus Stakeholder Management
- Module II: Individuals and Business Ethics
- Module III: Organizational Issues and Ethical Decision Making
- Module IV: Societal Aspects of EDM in the Corporate World
- Module V: Determining Stakeholder Prioritization: Who Matters and When?
- Module: CSR and Creating Shared Value
Dr. G Venkat Raman is currently Associate Professor in the Area of Humanities and Social Sciences, IIM Indore. He is also former Programme Chair of the five year Integrated Programme in Management since April 1st, 2017. He is one of those rare Indian academics who has pursued and completed his do...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.