Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Nanyang Technological University Center for Continuing Education.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Lean Six Sigma methodology is used in many industries in its drive for enhancing innovation and productivity. This programme gives participants a comprehensive understanding of how Lean Six Sigma works to generate the benefits it offers. Participants receive an overview of the key principles, strategies and tools used in Lean Six Sigma initiative and how this methodology can get and keep your organization on the road to success.
This session will also feature a process simulation activity – Dot simulation that will give participants a first-hand look at how DMAIC tools are applied.
The Lean Six Sigma course focuses on process improvement through waste elimination and variation reduction. It is applied on processes that are inefficient and ineffective. The application of tools are not restricted to manufacturing or engineering processes, it could also be applied to transactional process in Human Resources, Finance or Customer Services.
The course will enable participants to improve process efficiency and effectiveness for productivity and innovation gain.
- To develop a foundational understanding of the Lean Six Sigma initiative and its core concepts and tools
- To learn to apply the Lean Six Sigma model: Define-Measure-Analyze-Improve-Control (DMAIC) to improve productivity using a simulated case example
- Know the application of Lean Six Sigma methodology in process improvement
- Able to apply Lean Six Sigma tools to successfully resolve problems
- Able to use data for root causes analysis
- Able to develop sustainable solutions
Understand the overview of Lean Six Sigma
- Key Concepts and Value
Steps to Lean Six Sigma Project - Define
- The Project Charter
- The Scope of the Project
- Translation Voice of Customers to Requirement *Assessment 1
Steps to Lean Six Sigma Project - Measure
- What and Where to Measure
- Operation Definition
- Testing and Refining Measurement System
- Process Performance and Capability Measures
Steps to Lean Six Sigma Project - Analyze
- Graphical Data Analysis
- Data Analysis – Making Inference *Assessment 2
- The 7 Wastes
- The 5 Whys and Comparative Analysis
- Workplace Organization and Visual Control (WOVC) Steps to Lean Six Sigma Project - Improve *Assessment 3
- Developing Improvement Solution
- Failure Mode Effects Analysis
- Implementing Solution
Steps to Lean Six Sigma Project - Control
Who should attend
Personnel who are involved in process improvement activities. Relevant occupations include:
- Engineering Manager
- Production Engineer or Manager
- Process Engineers
- Industrial Engineers
- Maintenance Engineers
- Supply Chain Managers
Trust the experts
Fook Loy Yoong
Yoong Fook Loy has over 15 years of in-depth training and hands-on deployment in Socio-technical system of Organisation Design and Development. While in employment, Fook Loy held various positions in Operation, Human Resources Development and Six Sigma. He was the Corporate Leadership Program Ma...
Jackie is a certified Lean Six Sigma practitioner, spending 8 years with General Electric as a Six Sigma Black Belt and 10 years in the IT industry as an Operations Manager, complementing process operation with Lean Six Sigma rigor. As a Six Sigma Black Belt with General Electric, Jackie mentor...