Essentials of Policy Development
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy.Full disclaimer.
Public sector managers and policymakers are tasked with delivering timely, high-quality and workable solutions to complex and constantly evolving socio-political, economic and sectoral challenges. This demands a thorough understanding of problems on the ground and expertise in the formulation and execution of policies that have real impact. It also requires a deep understanding of the different approaches to distinct, yet interrelated policy issues.
The Lee Kuan Yew School of Public Policy’s Essentials of Policy Development programme imparts detailed foundational knowledge and arms participants with the theoretical frameworks they need to understand the policy development process, from conceptualising public policy to evaluating options and measuring outcomes and impact. The programme combines interactive lectures, policy case studies and facilitated group work to complement conceptual learning with practical training.
- Understand the policy cycle and the gaps that need to be addressed in policy development
- Acquire the political, administrative and analytical acumen needed to shape policy development
- Adopt a comprehensive and multi-faceted approach to analysing, developing, implementing, monitoring, evaluating, and communicating public policies
- Acquire and sharpen technical skills in each stage of the policy development process
- Learn different analytical, decision-making, evaluation and communication tools
- Learn how to map, manage and communicate with stakeholders, organisations and the general public
Who should attend
- Policy analysts, strategists, and government professionals in policy functions, with more than 2 years of work experience
- Anyone requiring an introduction and exposure to policy-making and programme development