Make sure this course is right for you.
Get unbiased reviews and personalized recommendations.
Who should attend
Join motivated leaders – with 10 years of work experience and 5 years of people management at a functional or cross functional level – who are looking to refresh or enhance their leadership skills or step up to achieve greater impact.
This could include:
- Controlling a broad span of a large global organisation.
- Managing cross-functional and/or global teams.
- Responsible for a broad span of control in a medium-to-large global organisation.
- Responsible for the direction of a business unit.
- In charge of multiple reporting lines.
- Accountable for P&L.
About the course
Great leaders are made not born. Join us to discover how to unlock game-changing potential in yourself and others.
Who are you, and what do you stand for?
If you don’t know yourself, you can’t be an effective leader. Deepen your self-awareness and sense of purpose to lead and influence others.
Benefits for you
- Become a stand-out leader by mastering five key pillars – defining your purpose, leveraging your strengths, influencing people, empowering others and enabling change.
- Leverage your strongest traits – and understand your weaknesses.
- Make sense of the data and feedback from a 360 review and psychometric test, and develop your action plan in one-to-one sessions with an executive coach.
- Become a coach, not a boss: manage conflict effectively and foster authentic, high-performing teams.
- Transform your outlook and attitude – with new, global perspectives shared in a world-class peer group.
Benefits for your organisation
- Build a pipeline of exceptional leaders.
- Inject energy, purpose and influence into your executives and managers.
- Retain talent by creating a coaching culture that rewards bravery and initiative.
- Energise your people with new thinking and world-class frameworks.
What you learn
- Finding purpose: What’s the point of your organisation or your role? Inspire people to follow you and realise the impact you have on others.
- Empowering others: When you empower those around you to do their best work, you add value as a leader. Understand the art of leading and being led to truly help others reach their potential.
- Enabling change: The basis of organisational change is small changes in human behaviour. Develop the skills to influence others and the techniques to understand deep-rooted corporate culture.
- Influencing effectively: If the future of innovation is collaboration, you hold the key. Learn and apply proven tactics to enhance your influencing skills and discover how to win backing for your ideas.
- Leveraging your strengths: Through 360 feedback and the Point Positive ® assessment, explore your ability to be an effective leader. Learn how you can best leverage your strengths to enhance your leadership impact.
How you learn
- Real-life situations form the bedrock of this active and experiential programme, where skill building sessions and group discussions continually link theory to practical application.
- A pre-programme 360-degree survey gets your colleagues' feedback on your leadership style.
- A Point Positive ® assessment reveals what others consider to be your stand-out qualities, to help you to identify, define and deploy your best self in every situation.
- Our acclaimed faculty bring theory to life: join Herminia Ibarra in examining the power of personal identity in leaders, and find out how to make the most of your network.
- Our personalised coaching sessions help you adapt what you’ve learnt to your own leadership needs.
- Get a customised action plan to apply as soon as you get back to work and follow-up coaching to keep you on track.
Your learning experience
- Learn from Herminia Ibarra, ranked by the Thinkers50 as an influential business guru.
- Advance your leadership skills by mastering five key pillars: define purpose, leverage your strengths, influence people, empower others and enable change.
- Define your personal and organisational priorities with the help of an executive coach and 360 feedback.
- Activate a coaching mentality to manage conflict effectively and foster authentic, high-performing teams.
- Disrupt business as usual with new, global perspectives triggered by a world-class peer group.
Ena Inesi is Associate Professor of Organisational Behaviour. She has been at London Business School since 2007. Ena’s education includes a BSc in Civil Engineering (magna cum laude) from Duke University and a PhD in Organisational Behavior from the Graduate School of Business at Stanford Univers...
Professor Ibarra is a visiting faculty from INSEAD, where she is the Cora Chaired Professor of Leadership and Learning. Her research interests are identity, career development, women in business, leadership and networks. She has written two books: Act like a Leader, Think like a Leader (HBR Pre...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.