Who should attend
Join motivated leaders – with 10 years of work experience and 5 years of people management at a functional or cross functional level – who are looking to refresh or enhance their leadership skills or step up to achieve greater impact.
This could include:
- Controlling a broad span of a large global organisation.
- Managing cross-functional and/or global teams.
- Responsible for a broad span of control in a medium-to-large global organisation.
- Responsible for the direction of a business unit.
- In charge of multiple reporting lines.
- Accountable for P&L.
About the course
Great leaders are made not born. Join us to discover how to unlock game-changing potential in yourself and others.
Who are you, and what do you stand for?
If you don’t know yourself, you can’t be an effective leader. Deepen your self-awareness and sense of purpose to lead and influence others.
Benefits for you
- Become a stand-out leader by mastering five key pillars – defining your purpose, leveraging your strengths, influencing people, empowering others and enabling change.
- Leverage your strongest traits – and understand your weaknesses.
- Make sense of the data and feedback from a 360 review and psychometric test, and develop your action plan in one-to-one sessions with an executive coach.
- Become a coach, not a boss: manage conflict effectively and foster authentic, high-performing teams.
- Transform your outlook and attitude – with new, global perspectives shared in a world-class peer group.
Benefits for your organisation
- Build a pipeline of exceptional leaders.
- Inject energy, purpose and influence into your executives and managers.
- Retain talent by creating a coaching culture that rewards bravery and initiative.
- Energise your people with new thinking and world-class frameworks.
What you learn
- Finding purpose: What’s the point of your organisation or your role? Inspire people to follow you and realise the impact you have on others.
- Empowering others: When you empower those around you to do their best work, you add value as a leader. Understand the art of leading and being led to truly help others reach their potential.
- Enabling change: The basis of organisational change is small changes in human behaviour. Develop the skills to influence others and the techniques to understand deep-rooted corporate culture.
- Influencing effectively: If the future of innovation is collaboration, you hold the key. Learn and apply proven tactics to enhance your influencing skills and discover how to win backing for your ideas.
- Leveraging your strengths: Through 360 feedback and the Point Positive ® assessment, explore your ability to be an effective leader. Learn how you can best leverage your strengths to enhance your leadership impact.
How you learn
- Real-life situations form the bedrock of this active and experiential programme, where skill building sessions and group discussions continually link theory to practical application.
- A pre-programme 360-degree survey gets your colleagues' feedback on your leadership style.
- A Point Positive ® assessment reveals what others consider to be your stand-out qualities, to help you to identify, define and deploy your best self in every situation.
- Our acclaimed faculty bring theory to life: join Herminia Ibarra in examining the power of personal identity in leaders, and find out how to make the most of your network.
- Our personalised coaching sessions help you adapt what you’ve learnt to your own leadership needs.
- Get a customised action plan to apply as soon as you get back to work and follow-up coaching to keep you on track.
Your learning experience
- Learn from Herminia Ibarra, ranked by the Thinkers50 as an influential business guru.
- Advance your leadership skills by mastering five key pillars: define purpose, leverage your strengths, influence people, empower others and enable change.
- Define your personal and organisational priorities with the help of an executive coach and 360 feedback.
- Activate a coaching mentality to manage conflict effectively and foster authentic, high-performing teams.
- Disrupt business as usual with new, global perspectives triggered by a world-class peer group.
London Business School Term Chair Professor of Organisational Behaviour BE (BITS, Pilani,) PGDM (XLRI, Jamshedpur), MSBA (Illinois), PhD (British Columbia) Professor Madan Pillutla’s research focuses on incentives; decision-making; negotiating and bargaining; and trust and fairness in interpers...
Ena Inesi is Associate Professor of Organisational Behaviour. She has been at London Business School since 2007. Ena’s education includes a BSc in Civil Engineering (magna cum laude) from Duke University and a PhD in Organisational Behavior from the Graduate School of Business at Stanford Univers...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.