Essentials of Economic Development
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with UNC School of Government.Full disclaimer.
Does your community have the ingredients to stimulate investment and to create jobs and wealth in an uncertain economy?
This one-day workshop covers promising strategies and tools for promoting economic development in the face of tight budgets and tough economic conditions.
- An Overview of Economic Development: Trends and Strategies
- Building an Effective Economic Development Program
- North Carolina Economic Development Toolbox
- Best Practices and Opportunities in your Region
Essentials of Economic Development is designed to help local officials understand the fundamentals of economic development in the current economic climate. The workshop will help participants understand what is required to attract and support private investment in their communities. Participants will examine various economic development strategies and tools and consider how local governments in partnership with the nonprofit and private sectors, can help facilitate the process of creating jobs and wealth.
Topics - Local and State Government
- Community and Economic Development
Who should attend
- Public Officials - Local and State Government Roles
- Appointed Board Members
- Community and Economic Development Professionals
- Economic Development Professionals
- Elected Officials
- Managers and Supervisors
- Tax and Finance Officials