This course has no confirmed dates in the future. Subscribe to be notified when it is offered.
About the course
Does your community have the ingredients to stimulate investment and to create jobs and wealth in an uncertain economy?
This one-day workshop covers promising strategies and tools for promoting economic development in the face of tight budgets and tough economic conditions.
- An Overview of Economic Development: Trends and Strategies
- Building an Effective Economic Development Program
- North Carolina Economic Development Toolbox
- Best Practices and Opportunities in your Region
Essentials of Economic Development is designed to help local officials understand the fundamentals of economic development in the current economic climate. The workshop will help participants understand what is required to attract and support private investment in their communities. Participants will examine various economic development strategies and tools and consider how local governments in partnership with the nonprofit and private sectors, can help facilitate the process of creating jobs and wealth.
Topics - Local and State Government
- Community and Economic Development
Who should attend
- Public Officials - Local and State Government Roles
- Appointed Board Members
- Community and Economic Development Professionals
- Economic Development Professionals
- Elected Officials
- Managers and Supervisors
- Tax and Finance Officials
Trust the experts
Jonathan Morgan joined the School of Government in 2003. Prior to that, he worked for Regional Technology Strategies, Inc., an economic and workforce development consulting firm located in Carrboro-Chapel Hill. He has also served as director of economic policy and research for the NC Department o...