Essentials of Business Development
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Sauder School of Business.Full disclaimer.
This course explores key sales strategies and techniques for better business results. Analyze your current business prospects and challenges. Apply proven methods to strengthen your business development processes. Improve your essential sales competencies by engaging in guided hands-on practice. Maximize your opportunities with new and existing customers, and accelerate your sales performance.
- Enhance your ability to focus on and align with customer needs and concerns
- Develop new business and expand business within your existing customer base
- Intensify your investigation approach to think more broadly about your customer’s business—and help your customer do the same
- Adapt your communication style to engage in deeper dialogues with customers
- Leverage productivity strategies for working smarter while prospecting, conducting and closing business
- Improve your commitment and closing approaches
- Evaluating your sales process stages: where can you focus your efforts to improve the customer experience?
- Identifying customer needs: making the shift from selling in “your world” to selling in the customer’s world, investigation methods for expanding understanding of the customer business, opportunities and pain points
- Communication techniques: evaluating your communication style and adapting it to work more effectively with your customers’ communication styles, conducting dialogues to discover buyer motives and roles
- Preparing for new business: evaluating new business opportunities and challenges, creating a strategically selected customer target list, developing a solid pre-call plan
- Sharpening your sales story: crafting your sales story into a compelling, differentiating, client-centred narrative to position yourself for new business success
- Motivating, closing and keeping customers: setting realistic sales objectives, determining fit, dealing with objections and defining next steps, connecting your closing approach to your pre-call planning
This intensive one-day course balances concept delivery with hands-on application of selling skills.
Who should attend
This course is designed for sales and business development professionals who wish to improve their results with new and existing customers. It will also benefit any manager who directly leads business development activities.