Essential Skills for New Managers
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Nanyang Technological University Center for Continuing Education.Full disclaimer.
Management must be effective for the success of any business. Unfortunately, it is all too easy to overlook the training and development of new managers. As a first time manager and employee you need to develop certain task and people-oriented skills that allows you function effectively and built a meaningful relationship with the people you will be leading. American author William B Given Jr. said: “There are few, if any, jobs in which ability alone is sufficient. Needed, also are loyalty, sincerity, enthusiasm and team play.” When you practice and strengthen the essential skills it will boost your morale and strengthen your organisation and help you get the promotion that you seek when you just joined the company. In this workshop you will learn the value of investing your time to develop the skills of emotional intelligence, key habits of highly effective managers, becoming a good problem solver and decision maker and being creative in finding new opportunities that benefits your organisation and its effectiveness.
By the end of the course, you will be able to:
- Create meaningful relationship using the power of positive affirmation
- Understand well what you want from your boss and what your boss wants from you
- Connecting and communicating emotionally with everyone in your organisation
- Bridging the Performance Gap with effective problem solving skills
- Learn to make decisions effectively and confidently
- T.I.M.E your management – Target-setting; Integrating your thinking; Maintaining consistency and Eliminating the impossible
- Resolve conflict and work towards a win-win paradigm
- Learn the fine art of negotiating for a win-win outcome
- Five step process to be the greatest asset to your organisation
- Become the manager that everyone loves to work with
- Understand what it takes to be develop positive affirmation
- How to be more resourceful and being an asset to your organisation
- How to manage your task with T.I.M.E
- Engage in productive meetings
- Becoming solution focussed instead of being problem centric during meetings
- Looking for solutions instead waddling in the problem
- How to emotionally connect with your boss, colleagues and subordinates
- What you got to do to boost your LQ [Leadership Quotient]
- Resolve conflict swiftly and objectively
- Becoming Action-rich and not NATO [No action/Talk Only]
- How to be consistent in what you are doing with forward thinking
- Understand and apply the five step process
This is an action-oriented workshop group discussions, self-reflection and application tools to become more resourceful.
Who should attend
This course is geared to prepare new graduates entering the job market at middle management level, supervisors being promoted to managerial position, new team leaders and individuals who are going through career transition.