Essential Skills for Municipal Managers (Municipal Leadership)
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Schulich Executive Learning Centre.Full disclaimer.
Master leadership competencies for managing staff and complex team dynamics in this foundational module
Redefining the Art and Science of Municipal Leadership (3 Days) Strategically redefine the leadership skills demanded of today’s chaotic and uncertain work environment through an in-depth examination of daily professional interactions, an exploration of cultural transformation and the practice of scientifically-informed techniques of leadership engagement.
- Analyze and redefine the leadership skills demanded of today’s chaotic and uncertain work environment
- Examine the rudiments of corporate culture as based in leadership approaches and apply cultural concepts to excellence in team management
- Practise innovative and scientifically-informed techniques of leadership engagement specifically geared towards creating a culture of performance and excellence
Coaching and Mentoring for Peak Performance (2 days)
Develop the interpersonal skills needed to successfully leverage the talents of your staff and turn a good team into a great team.
- Increasing knowledge on coaching and mentoring by reviewing the current theory, research and practices in the field
- Practising coaching and being coached using a variety of tools and techniques
- Differentiating between coaching and mentoring with the most effective skills in certain situations
- Teaching tool: GROW Instrument
Who should attend
- CAO/City Manager
- Chief Librarian
- Police Chief
- All Department Managers
- Chief Financial Officer
- Fire Chief
- Public Health Managers
- Managers aspiring to lead