Essential Principles of Negotiations
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Georgia Tech Professional Education.Full disclaimer.
Essential Principles of Negotiations level-sets the participants’ understanding of negotiation influence and strengthens preparation, planning, and execution activities involved with both simple and complex negotiations. The program includes industry techniques and tools for traditional supplier negotiations, as well as tips for internal cross-functional leadership. Participants walk away with a standard industry and customized individual experience, which includes their personal Negotiation Style “DNA” to help them embrace their own natural tendencies and strengths. The program includes mock negotiations to reinforce techniques and tactics immediately in a “no judgement zone” environment.
What You Will Learn
- Negotiation preparation skills
- How to strengthen executive communication techniques to gain internal stakeholder support
- Key contract terms like indemnification, limits of liabilities, consequential damages, insurance, and termination
- Negotiation philosophies and Personal Negotiation Syles℠ to spark collaboration or combat abrasive people
- Negotiation table techniques to enhance perceived bargaining position and contract outcomes
- How to communicate results and financial impact to the leadership team
How You Will Benefit
- Increase emphasis negotiation conditioning and philosophy setting before and throughout the entire sourcing engagement process.
- Enhance your toolbox of industry standard negotiation prep tools like the SWOT and BATNA.
- Better prepare for negotiations by leveraging knowledge of key negotiation terms and counter-offer tactics.
- Improve negotiation table techniques and soft skills to direct and redirect negotiation momentum.
- Heighten ability to successfully utilize your traditional “comfort zone” approach in combination with your negotiation team’s strengths by leveraging Personal Negotiation Stylessm.
- Negotiation Conditioning Overview
- Negotiation Preparation Tools
- Negotiation Execution Techniques
- Stakeholder Engagement & Team Leadership
- Live Negotiations Simulation & Feedback
Who should attend
This course is ideal for sourcing initiative leaders, project leaders, business unit leaders, operations managers, sales leaders, and procurement and supply management-related professionals who are involved with supplier selection, contract development, and supplier performance management.