Essential Managerial Techniques (The job of the Manager)
Overall introduction to the Job of the Manager (JOMAN)
Have you recently taken on added responsibilities, been preparing for a career transition, promoted or have years of work experience but not formally guided in management and leadership skills?
JOMAN is a uniquely designed programme to complement technical and specialist know-how by providing a practical orientation to holistic general management thinking and tools, otherwise available through formal academic programmes.
The JOMAN programme focuses on three key dimensions:
• Personal Mastery
• People Management
• Organisation Alignment
Developed in a series of two progressive levels, participants have the flexibility to join a suitable JOMAN programme to benefit from its broad range of comprehensive concepts.
JOMAN: Essential Managerial Techniques
This component programme (of the JOMAN programme package) gives you the essential skills and knowledge to shift from being an individual contributor to an effective manager who can achieve team success and drive bottom line performance.
Benefits to You
- Walk through a journey of self discovery, development and evaluation that influence your role as a manager
- Acquire broad essential skills and tools in people management to optimise individual/team performance and development in diverse and changing business environment
- Obtain insights to general management and learn best practices of functional skills necessary for effective management and supervision
- Develop a strategic thinking mindset with value-based and systemic understanding to manage/lead change for organisation alignment and development
- Present or share ideas/plans clearly and network with others in a conducive Environment
Personal Skills for Success:
• Understanding Self
• Becoming an Effective Manager
• Communication Skills
Building & Managing Teams:
• Team Dynamics
• Developing a High Performing Team
• Managing People and Performance
Managing and leading change in organisations
• Change Agent
• Change Processes
• Appreciative Inquiry
Who should attend
This JOMAN programme is especially useful for those who need to enhance their knowledge and skills to complement their technical and specialist background. These participants will benefit most from this programme:
(Level 2) Supervisor, Executive, & Emerging Managers
(Level 3) New Managers