Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with SIM Professional Development.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Overall introduction to the Job of the Manager (JOMAN)
Have you recently taken on added responsibilities, been preparing for a career transition, promoted or have years of work experience but not formally guided in management and leadership skills?
JOMAN is a uniquely designed programme to complement technical and specialist know-how by providing a practical orientation to holistic general management thinking and tools, otherwise available through formal academic programmes.
The JOMAN programme focuses on three key dimensions:
- Personal Mastery
- People Management
- Organisation Alignment
Developed in a series of two progressive levels, participants have the flexibility to join a suitable JOMAN programme to benefit from its broad range of comprehensive concepts.
JOMAN: Essential Leadership Skills
This component programme (of the JOMAN programme package) provides middle-level managers with the opportunity to take stock of their approach to management and consider ways in which they may need to adjust that approach to take account of changing circumstances and increasing leadership responsibilities.
It places a particular emphasis on the middle manager’s role in both influencing and implementing strategy, and organizational change. Other important themes include developing high performance teams and collaborative relationships within and beyond the organisation.
Benefits to You
- Walk through a journey of self discovery, development and evaluation that influence your managerial role as a leader
- Acquire broad essential skills and tools in people management to optimise individual/team performance and development in diverse and changing business environment
- Obtain insights to general management and learn best practices of functional skills necessary for effective management and supervision
- Develop a strategic thinking mindset with value-based and systemic understanding to manage/lead change for organisation alignment and development
- Present or share ideas/plans clearly and network with others in a conducive environment
Personal Skills for Success:
- Self management
- The exceptional leader
- Influencing skills
Building & Managing Teams:
- Team Performance through mentoring and coaching
- Core group problem solving and decision making
- Dysfunctional group behavior
Managing and leading change in organizations
- Change advocate
- Change and transition
- 3-phase transition framework
- Strategies to address the human side of change
Self-assessment instruments, case-studies, prescribed texts, role-plays, and experiential activities.
Who should attend
The JOMAN programme is especially useful for those who need to enhance their knowledge and skills to complement their technical and specialist background. These participants will benefit most from this programme:
(Level 4) Managers
(Level 5) Senior Managers & Directors
Trust the experts
Lim Peng Soon
Dr. Lim Peng Soon is the president of his own consultancy. His area of expertise is in the human side of organisational change – the transition processes that occur at the individual level. Dr. Lim holds a doctoral degree in education and human development from The George Washington University. ...
George T K Quek is a master trainer for various assessments like the Workplace Big Five Profile, DISC, Influencing Styles Indicator, Change Style Indicator etc. In addition, he has trained, coached and consulted for more than 3,000 executives and leaders from over 80 organisations throughout the...
Sanjay is a facilitator and coach with almost 20 years of career experience mostly in the IT industry, leading businesses and teams locally, regionally in Asia and also in USA. His years in the IT field saw him work for Microsoft where he remained from 2000 to 2009 and was involved in various te...