Who should attend
This program is suited for mid to senior level managers who want to effectively lead their employees.
About the course
“Taking charge during times of workforce and workplace instability.”
This session has been created to provide participants with strategies, tools, and frameworks to successfully navigate, as a leader, the new realities of today’s workplace.
Why take this course?
- To understand what is causing stress amongst employees in today’s workplace.
- To recognize the difference between leadership and management
- To learn about the importance of having a compelling future vision of success.
- To identify the two key processes used to build trust & rapport
- To recognize that employee engagement is about “feelings” not “logic”
- To review the steps in effective goal-setting.
- To reflect on some the “do’s and don’ts” of effective communications
- To learn that conflict and differences of opinion can be healthy in a workplace.
- To develop effective teams.
- To understand that “who you are”, especially as it relates to integrity is what creates a successful leader.
In these stressful, some would say chaotic, times, there is an increased need for managers and supervisors to meet objectives and requirements of the organization AND maintain the well-being, health and safety of their employees.
It is no secret, employees – at all levels – are concerned about what is going on in the world. Some organizations will emerge stronger and more productive from this crisis; others will falter. The difference in success rates depends on how leaders empathize, engage, motivate, inspire, support and use the talents of their people.
The purpose of this session is to assist participants in understanding that their primary job in any organization is to create value; create value for stakeholders, employees and especially those who are served by the enterprise.
President, Simul Corporation Sid Ridgley specializes in areas focused on leadership development for the Schulich School of Business, York University. He provides insights, guidance and practical tips & hints to leaders in their pursuit of creating organizational workplaces that are customer...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.