Essential Interviewing Skills
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with CIPD.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Essential Interviewing Skills will help you gain the specialist knowledge and practical skills to prepare for - and undertake - different types of interviews. The interactive role-plays and group discussions will help you use sound interviewing techniques to gather accurate information from any interview. The key focus of this course is on recruitment interviews however the course extends to cover disciplinary interviewing as well as touching on exit interviews, getting the best out of appraisal meetings and support-type discussions with employees.
By the end of Essential Interviewing Skills, you will be able to:
- undertake structured preparation for different interview situations
- use sound interviewing techniques to gather accurate information, interpret information, and make decisions
- plan and conduct a range of interviews: recruitment selection, appraisal, counselling, disciplinary and exit.
- Key skills
- listening, summarising, using hit words
- questioning and probing
- non-verbal communication
- Recruitment interviewing
- job descriptions and person specifications
- preparing interview structure and questions
- assessing evidence and decision-taking
- Disciplinary interviewing
- the investigation interview
- the disciplinary hearing
- return-to-work interviews
- Exit interviewing
- Counselling interviewing
- helping employees with work and non-work related problems
- Appraisal interviewing
- giving and receiving feedback.
Who should attend
Essential Interviewing Skills is suitable for HR or line managers responsible for conducting interviews.
Trust the experts
Philippa has a wealth of consultancy experience both in the private and not-for-profit sectors. She specialises in HR specifically carrying out HR audits; return on investment (ROI) of, for example, the training function; employment law issues including reviewing contracts, policies and procedure...
Carrie is Co-Founder of Change-Gear Ltd, a business providing executive coaching, leadership development, employability skills as well as HR consultancy Carrie has worked for some of the UK leading retailers such as Laura Ashley and Dixons Group where she held senior HR and Training roles in bot...