Essential Interpersonal Skills
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with CIPD.Full disclaimer.
About the course
Develop your people skills to overcome resistance, and engage and motivate people to work with you towards your goals. If you need other people’s willing co-operation to achieve your objectives, then this two-day course will give you the insights, tools, and techniques you need.
By the end of the Essential Interpersonal Skills course you will be able to:
- create effective working relationships with people at all levels
- choose and use the most productive approach and behaviour to get the results you want
- get your message across in a way that gets heard, understood, accepted and acted upon
- motivate people to change their behaviour
- influence others to accept your proposals
- solve problems in your working relationships
- overcome colleagues’ resistant behaviour.
Introductions and objectives
Heroes and villains
- real-life experience of working relationships
What are people skills?
What makes people tick?
- how people make sense of the world
- values-based behaviour
- understanding the impact we make on others and its consequences
Elements of effective working relationships
Relationship mapping and analysis
The value of listening, and barriers to good listening
Transactional analysis as a tool for people problem-solving
Review of Day 1
- a range of strategies from PUSH to PULL Influencing situations
- how to combine the strategies to get the results you want
- adapting language and behaviour to get results
- using activators and consequences
Reaching constructive outcomes
Who should attend
The Essential Interpersonal Skills course is recommended for:
- managers and functional specialists with 1-2 years’ experience
- people whose roles and success are dependent on the co-operation of others
- people who have specific working relationships that need building, maintaining or improving
- people who want to increase their repertoire of interpersonal strategies or who need to increase their ability to connect with a wide range of people both internally and externally to their organisation.
Trust the experts
Carol Noakes is a licensed Insights Discovery practitioner specialising in face to face communication. As well as Insights, Carol works with NLP and CBT techniques; actor-based performance skills for presence and audience relationship (on or off stage); applied improvisation for flexibility and ...
Carrie is Co-Founder of Change-Gear Ltd, a business providing executive coaching, leadership development, employability skills as well as HR consultancy Carrie has worked for some of the UK leading retailers such as Laura Ashley and Dixons Group where she held senior HR and Training roles in bot...
I craft unique coaching partnerships with my clients to achieve sustainable and healthy high performance. Every client experience is exclusively tailored to accommodate purpose and desired outcomes through my coaching business Reach for More. I have over 17 years experience working with high pe...