Essential Guide to GDPR and epr for Marketers
Now, more so than at any time before, marketers need to understand how to achieve the lawful, profitable and ethical use of personal data in direct marketing.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) is one of the most important pieces of legislation to affect marketers, globally. It comes in to force on the 25th of May 2018, and you must be prepared.
Now is the time to gain clear understanding of how GDPR and the revised ePrivacy Regulations impact on the success of lead generation and direct marketing campaigns. This course will show you how to succeed under the new regulations, protect your company from litigation and fines and build better marketing campaigns.
This course will show you how to deliver successful, lawful, profitable and ethical direct marketing programs. We'll take an in-depth look at how these and many other topics are impacted by GDPR and the ePrivacy Regulations:
- Data capture – design compliant forms, web capture devices and privacy policies.
- Data purchase – identify what you can and CAN’T buy, interpreting the Information Commissioner and other important EU Guidance.
- Data sharing – build revenue opportunity through data sharing, co-op marketing, sponsorship etc.
- Data security – protect personal data and your reputation.
- E-mail, SMS and Direct mail campaigns – build better opt-ins lists, understand the soft opt-in and how B2B differs from B2C and how to keep people subscribed.
- Privacy notices - GDPR places great emphasis on transparency. Your privacy notice has to be re-written and your mechanisms of capturing consent need updating.
Who should attend
This course is for those who are new to marketing and more experienced marketers who have limited knowledge of compliance, data protection and GDPR. Database marketers with more IT skills than legal skills, and legal counsel will also find the course hugely beneficial in understanding how the law impacts on marketing.