Erasmus Executive Programme in Strategic Management
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with Rotterdam School of Management.Full disclaimer.
Prepare yourself for greater career opportunities in general management during the Erasmus Executive Programme in Strategic Management at RSM Executive Education. You will discover new sources of managerial insights and tools to create a competitive advantage.
During 11 evening sessions spread over three months, our top international lecturers will provide you with valuable knowledge and skills, as well as broad analytical concepts, tools and the mindset required for a successful career. During the two months after that, you will learn how to apply the strategic management skills and concepts of this programme through coaching sessions. You will be able to craft and present a strategic plan about a strategic issue of your choice.
RSM is a leading teacher of strategy in Europe and the only European university to offer executive certification in strategic management. During the Erasmus Executive Programme in Strategic Management, you will:
- focus on the process of developing strategy as a general management discipline rather than a functional specialisation
- gain skills in strategic analysis, which enables you to describe the position of your organisation in terms of its internal and external analysis
- learn how to illustrate the adaptation of processes in the organisation and managerial procedures in the course of implementing strategy
- develop high-level skills in understanding and generating new solutions, and implementing the concepts of strategic management at different levels
- receive intensive personal coaching during the programme’s second phase, resulting in a tailor-made high-quality strategic decision plan to solve a strategic issue of your company.
The Erasmus Executive Programme in Strategic Management consists of 11 plenary sessions spread over three months. You will also enjoy four personal coaching sessions at your convenience. This will result in a plan to solve a strategic issue, which you will write over two months and one final exam. The curriculum will focus on the following strategic management topics:
Analyse the reasons why – and the contingencies under which – firms consider social and environmental issues, and discuss strategies for successfully engaging in corporate responsibility.
Strategic flexibility and renewal
Draw on the knowledge and skills acquired in the curriculum to improve understanding of flexible managerial capabilities and how an adaptable organisational structure can be used for strategic renewal.
Ownership and governance of free enterprise organisations
Discover a variety of ownership and governance practices in advanced capitalistic market economies, and ways of optimal governance.
Organisational identity and strategy
Concentrate on understanding best practices to provide unity of direction, motivation for employees and improvements in bottom-line financial performance.
Strategic management and competitiveness
Discover new innovation methods by managing the flow of knowledge, and exploring types of organisational learning.
Designing a strategy analysis
Learn techniques and skills to identify and analyse issues, and find solutions for organisational problems.
Corporate strategy in an international context
Investigate how to identify drivers of globalisation, and how to implement strategies for internationalisation in global companies successfully.
Address the important issue of successfully expanding business into foreign markets effectively. You will focus on economic globalisation, strategic objectives for foreign expansion, and how to choose the best investment locations and expansion modes.
Explore the use of corporate venture capital as a means to invest in young, start-up companies with a view to accessing new technologies, or identifying potential acquisition targets to access external knowledge.
Corporate entrepreneurship and learning
Find out how companies can build entrepreneurial capabilities to renew and revitalise their organisations.
Ambidexterity: exploitation versus exploration
Discover the importance of balancing efficiency.
Who should attend
The Erasmus Executive Programme in Strategic Management is geared towards executives who are preparing to assume broader responsibilities and who aspire to top management positions. Candidates must have:
- a recognised bachelor degree or an equivalent university degree
- at least five years of management experience
- demonstrated qualities in leadership, entrepreneurship and high ethical standards
- a high level of fluency in the English language.