Who should attend
Leaders of for profit and non profit looking to gain the perspectives and practices to help their organizations evolve.
About the course
Empowering you with the practical tools, strategies, and techniques to facilitate change.
This online course provides an overview of the roots and principles of equity, diversity, and inclusion in the workplace and equips for profit and non profit leaders with applied perspectives and practices to help their organizations evolve. This course is informed by best practices in EDI established by the Office of the United Nations High Commissioner for Human Rights.
Why take this course?
- Develop a foundational understanding of EDI with an emphasis on the Canadian workplace context and application
- Learn best practices for EDI as a tool of empowerment in the workplace and guiding principles for community engagement
- Content is informed by the latest international framework for understanding EDI within the context of human rights as mandated by the United Nations
- Expert instructors who work with organizations to support the advancement of EDI as a pillar for growth and success. This course empowers learners with practical tools, strategies, and techniques to facilitate culture change and make measurable progress.
By the end of this course, participants will:
- Have a deep understanding of equity, diversity, and inclusion including the historical and global context
- Learn about the Canadian perspective: EDI in society and the workplace
- The Canadian perspective: EDI in society and the workplace
- Gain an introduction to relevant legislation in Canada and Ontario
- Understand how to make the case: benefits of pursuing EDI advancement
Leo Nupolu Johnson is an experienced non profit executive, entrepreneur, human rights specialist, public speaker, and United Nations Fellow. As a teenager, he spent eight years in refugee camps in Ivory Coast and Ghana after fleeing from civil war in his native Liberia. In 2006, he resettled in C...
Margaret Zanel is an accomplished executive advisor, business strategist, entrepreneur, and executive leadership coach. She has over 30 years of experience in Fortune 100 organizations and private equity-backed early growth companies and start-ups in Canada, the US, and globally. Margaret is reco...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.