Envisioning Smart Urban iot Solutions
Coursalytics is an independent platform to find, compare, and book executive courses. Coursalytics is not endorsed by, sponsored by, or otherwise affiliated with NUS Institute of Systems Science.Full disclaimer.
‘Internet of Things’ or IoT is a key foundation of the Smart Nation in Singapore. IoT can enrich the digital landscape to improve quality of life and business efficiency. IoT provides the sensing and intelligence capability to monitor events of interest, process the events and take appropriate action – all of which can be done automatically. Knowledge of IoT and its enabling technologies, and how best to use them, will support organisations to achieve the vision of the Smart Nation. Organisations such as government ministries, MNCs and startups will benefit from knowing how best to envision and implement IoT solutions effectively to meet the needs of their users.
In order to utilise the capabilities of IoT within the Smart Nation, it is important to be able to envision suitable applications and to be equipped with knowledge of being able to use practices such as Service Design to conceptualise solutions to real world challenges in a user-centric manner.
The course will cover IoT’s enabling technologies and how they can be best utilised from an architectural viewpoint. The focus of the course is on envisioning suitable application of IoT technologies in a variety of ‘real world’ scenarios. The course covers cloud-based IoT services which provide functionality for building and operating IoT solutions in an efficient and scalable manner.
The course will demonstrate how IoT has been applied in different situations across the globe and highlight significant IoT initiatives in Singapore. Case studies and workshops will reinforce the learning and enable participants to envision how IoT can be utilised for their own use cases.
At the end of the course, the participants will be able to:
- Understand IoT, trends in IoT and how it supports the vision of the Smart Nation
- Understand the components of IoT systems and its lifecycle
- Be able to identify scenarios in their organisations which can benefit from IoT
- Be able to design and evaluate IoT solutions and their feasibility
- Learn about the applications of IoT across diverse sectors
- Be able to address security in their IoT adoption
What Will Be Covered
- Introduction to IoT for our Smart Nation
- Overview of the IoT lifecycle: Sense, Ingest, Process, Analyse and Respond
- IoT Sensing and Ingesting
- IoT Envisioning and Evaluation Framework
- Application of the IoT Envisioning and Evaluation Framework to Enterprise-Specific Scenarios
- Overview of Cloud IoT services
- Service Design Thinking with IoT
- Field trip for IoT service design solutioning (on Day 2)
- IoT in diverse sectors
- Trends and the future of IoT
- Security in IoT
- Final Assessment (on Day 3)
Lectures, workshop and a field trip
Who should attend
The course is intended for IT managers, solution architects and other technical staff as well as technology-oriented business executives who wish to learn about the domain of IoT so as to be able to envision and apply IoT solutions appropriately in their organisations.
This course will benefit participants from any industry sector, including transport, healthcare, manufacturing, education and defence.
Pre-requisites There is no need for prior knowledge of programming.