Who should attend
- Owners and operators of small to medium sized enterprises
- Family businesses
About the course
When you are attempting to make all aspects of your business work, how are you able to focus on the long-term? The Entrepreneurial Essentials program was designed to address this challenge. This program will equip you with the essentials - one of the best investments you can make as an entrepreneur.
Entrepreneurs are resilient leaders who have taken the step to follow a business dream while making a difference through job creation, economic stimulus, and driving innovation. These leaders face a host of challenges which are demanding and require full-time dedication. Entrepreneurs must not only focus on the day-to-day activities of the venture such as leading employees, managing finances and risk, and remaining competitive, but are also challenged to create a long-term strategy and have a clear vision for the business.
This program is led by Haskayne’s most experienced entrepreneurial faculty, the program will allow you to explore the multi-facets of your business and help you realize how to further your entrepreneurial dream. This is your opportunity to step away from your business, review your organization with a strategic lens and execute a project to improve your business for the long-term.
Unique program features:
This program offers experiential learning and unique content that is tailored to meet your needs as an entrepreneur:
- Expanded network – build a business network in a dynamic learning environment with peer-to-peer insights from other like-minded leaders
- Convenient scheduling – program dates are spaced over six months with virtual components to fit your busy schedule - allowing you to stay connected to your business
- Relevant to your business – Develop your business promise through a real-world project that addresses one of your biggest challenges
- Mentorship support – execute your project with the guidance of a highly experienced Haskayne faculty mentor
- Private meeting/office spaces – our purpose built Executive Education facilities offer private office and meeting space for you to stay connected to your business during class day
Derek is an Assistant Professor of Marketing. He joined HSB in 2000 following five years as a faculty member at Lakehead University. He holds a BBA from the University of New Brunswick (Fredericton), an MBA from McMaster University, and a Ph.D. from the University of Manitoba. Derek teaches sale...
Read more about Business Communication
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.