Who should attend
- Leaders at all levels who will benefit from understanding the nature of risk and strategies to address it
- Senior leaders with responsibility for risk management
About the course
Build a strong foundation in risk management planning and execution, and understand your role and the roles of others in it. This program — grounded in real-world scenarios and outcomes — helps leaders develop strategies and action plans for identifying, prioritizing, and addressing risk. Covering everything from the nature and sources of risk to supporting a risk management culture, this experience provides the tools and context for success in this critical area.
- Understand the nature of risk and how to identify it.
- Explore real-world examples based on your own risk assessment.
- Participate in focused exercises to identify additional risks.
- Learn to develop strategies and action plans for addressing risk.
- Understand your role in developing and executing a risk management plan, while fostering a culture that will support it.
- A Changing World: The Need for Increased Vigilance
- The Nature of Risk
- Industry and Company Philosophy and Tolerance for Risk
- The Risk Triangle
- Sources of Risk
- An Introduction to Risk Identification and Prioritization Tools
- Leadership’s Role in Risk Management
- Strategies for Risk Management
- Linking Risk Management to Strategic Planning
- Cultural Aspects of Risk Management
- Operationalizing Enterprise Risk Management
As the Lean Methods Group’s Chief Innovation Officer, Dr. Phil Samuel helps clients insource creativity and increase organic growth potential. He brings more than 20 years of technical and management experience in diverse environments to his transformative work with organizations around the globe...
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.