Who should attend
This program is designed for executives and business leaders with responsibility for meeting performance targets, including: Executive Management & Board Members, Vice-Presidents & Directors, Senior Managers & Divisional Managers in public or private companies, or public-sector entities…from diverse business areas such as: Risk Management, Corporate Planning & Business Development, Finance, Accounting or Audit, Public Sector Program Administration, Business Operations, Marketing, Sales & Product Development, Systems, Technology & Project Management.
About the course
Aligning Risk, Strategy and Business Performance in a Changing Environment – Setting the Framework
Study the relationship between risk, strategy and business performance. Understand the essential theory and review generally-accepted risk management frameworks and standards to be better prepared to lay the framework for successful enterprise risk management.
The Framework module provides leaders with the essential elements to establish and maintain a successful risk program to support the achievement of strategy with clear definition of risk appetite. The program crystallizes the value proposition for risk management with hindsight from lessons from past events. It equips participants to tailor a risk management policy and framework, establish clear oversight and governance, and develop a roadmap for successful implementation.
- Study the relationship between, risk, strategy and business performance
- Crystallize the value proposition for risk management with hindsight from lessons learned from past events and failings or successes of others
- Understand the essential theory and review generally-accepted risk management standards to be better prepared to develop a framework for successful enterprise risk management
- Learn to use the bowtie model and understand the key elements required to undertake comprehensive risk assessments, including the ability to differentiate risk events, hazards, root causes and consequences
- Understand the key stages involved in the development of robust risk appetite frameworks and how these can be used to help navigate key business decisions
Carmen Rossiter is Program Director for the Centre for Governance, Risk Management & Control at the Schulich Executive Education Centre. She leads the program supported by a faculty and guest speakers comprised of academics, professional facilitators and experienced representatives from leadi...
Rob Quail is a noted consultant, author, facilitator and lecturer on the subject of Enterprise Risk Management. Rob established the Enterprise Risk Management processes, tools and methodologies at Hydro One Networks Inc. that are widely regarded as best-practice. He has successfully applied ERM m...
Biography Michael Stramaglia, co-director of SEEC’s Centre of Excellence in Risk Management, is the president and founder of Matrisc Advisory Group Inc., a consulting firm that specializes in the provision of enterprise risk management (ERM) advisory services. He currently serves on several board...
Videos and materials
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.