Who should attend
This course has been designed for professionals including small business owners and senior managers who want to improve their management skills, either to improve their roles as consultants or to progress within their current company.
About the course
The course is fast moving and you will engage in a series of interactive exercises, involving case study analysis, role-playing, group presentations, and quizzes, to help you learn the important components of managing operations.
By The End Of This Course You Will Be Able To
- Evaluate the interdependencies between strategic and operations management and the trade-offs in objectives that arise
- Analyse the key activities in operations management
- Determine where improvements to organisation, staffing, processes, and systems are required
- Assess and select appropriate methodologies, tools, and techniques for improvement
- Identify, assess and respond to operational risk
- First Principles of Operations Management
- Managing Operations Performance
- Strategy and Operations
- Operations Processes
- Designing Products and Services
- The Supply Network
- Designing the Operational Layout and Flow
- Operation Process Technology
- Human Resources in Operations
- Capacity Planning/Controlling
- Inventory and Supply Chain Planning/Control
- Enterprise Resource Planning and Manufacturing Resource Planning
- LEAN Management Techniques
- Project Management Techniques
- Quality Management and Improvement
- Operational Risk Management
Read more about Project management
Read more about Transportation and Logistics
Because of COVID-19, many providers are cancelling or postponing in-person programs or providing online participation options.
We are happy to help you find a suitable online alternative.